Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
People salivating over new phones which offer little more than the last version except the need to find another few hundred quid to purchase it. I just don't get it.

I have a Note 2. When my last one conked I got another new one. I'll do the same next time. New ones are down to £125 now.

I just don't get why people fork out so much for something to make calls with and listen to music on.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Remember it will exceed your customs limit so should be declared. Don't do what I did a few years ago when I bought a MacBook Air in the US, and somehow forgot to declare it when I returned to the UK.

Ooh, you must have kicked yourself when you got home and realised.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is there a guarantee that it will pick something up or does it have disclaimers which potentially makes it more dangerous than going without?

I think they've been pretty careful with the language, but whatever they release, people still have a responsibility to not just assume they're fine and not get regular checkups unless the watch says otherwise.

I think it's better to have something which could help rather than nothing at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Completely forgot about pre-ordering despite little intention to buy.

Anyone got one en route?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Anyone got one en route?

Just in the process of it now. o2 offering me a 'free' early upgrade but thinking to go though Apple on the refresh program. Got the wench her 7 and 8 on that but it's in my name, not sure if Apple will allow me to have 2 phones on refresh.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've stuck with the 5 since it came out, got a new one a couple of months ago. Smaller screen but much more robust than the later models.

Anyone got one en route?

I've got a Space Gray XS 256gb coming on Friday.

I buy outright from Apple and have a cheap sim only contract, tend to update every two years, so this will replace my Jet Black iPhone 7 256gb which I'm selling/trading via MusicMagpie to offset some of the cost.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Anyone got one en route?

Yep, XS on its way next Friday, Moving from an iPhone 8 means quite a difference this time so will feel like a decent upgrade.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Yep, XS on its way next Friday, Moving from an iPhone 8 means quite a difference this time so will feel like a decent upgrade.

Me too. Moved on from my 7 plus which was just a bit too bulky for me.
Having always had grey or black have opted for silver this time (as they all have the same front) in the hope it may fair better for scratched and fingerprints as my phones always look battered after a couple of years

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Deal! tell ya what, send me your address so i can post it to you. Also, if you could drop my your bank details (just for the postage you understand) and i'll get it sorted ;)

Only if you clear the overdraft first ..oh hang on you can't....you've spent all the money on Apple!

As an aside what size watch did you go for?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm trying to like the watch. But unless you are into fitness stuff I can't see the appeal.

Now, the XS MAX, give me one!!! (Please :D) My iPhone 6s Plus is refusing to pass into the next world to justify getting a new phone. :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here