Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£90 for a Nikefootball shirt

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But, it's still a choice. People don't have to buy a Hugo Boss shirt like they don't have to buy a technical piece of sports equipment. There are other options!

Going to a football match is a choice, I guess in those basic terms it's all a choice and we could go watch Brighton one week, Palace the next, maybe a bit of rugby the week after...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Dave Whelan said on 5live his shops will be selling them for £74.99, which means only 25% profit for his firm on each shirt, but they will just have to take the hit!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dave Whelan said on 5live his shops will be selling them for £74.99, which means only 25% profit for his firm on each shirt, but they will just have to take the hit!

"You can wear them to England's next game at Wembley, which of course is where the FA Cup final is held each year. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I played in an FA Cup Final one year. Did you know, I broke my leg...?".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
"You can wear them to England's next game at Wembley, which of course is where the FA Cup final is held each year. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I played in an FA Cup Final one year. Did you know, I

I didn't know that, I would have thought he would go on and on about it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"You can wear them to England's next game at Wembley, which of course is where the FA Cup final is held each year. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I played in an FA Cup Final one year. Did you know, I

I didn't know that, I would have thought he would go on and on about it

Indeed. Very unassuming man, I guess.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
how much were 'player spec' shirts, in previous years?

They've always been about £80-£90 but umbro never sold them

It's a relatively new concept to put them on general sale, been going in in the far east and the USA for a few years (for both local and European clubs). In the past when they 'became' available it almost always was the season after the clubs stopped using them, and rarely, if ever, were player spec shirts sold alongside the current replica shirt. From my experience the fad for collecting match shirts has meant that many so called matchworn shirts you see for sale are nothing of the sort, just a Formotion or Code 7 shirt bought online, then printed with Messi/Rooney/Drogba namesets etc, scuff it up a bit, fake a signature and a COA, and try to flog it for hundreds of pounds.

Oh, to be fair, when I have seen them for sale as plain, new shirts they have been over the £100 mark when exchange rates have been taken into account, though they do seem to lose their price tags after a couple of years, a 12/13 Arsenal or Brazil player issue shirt for example you can pick up now for £40.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here