Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still care about results?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Last night I thought oh ffs we missed an oppurtunity

Thats it, no more feeling towards it what so ever.

Even the Palace play off disaster was "oh well" and that was it

in my teens used to ruin my weekend

now its not really that important to me

anyone else and bit care free about results?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
More then I probably should do , yes.

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke

Used to pee me off big time until the next game but nowadays like you say it`s just oh well and move on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I still care, but it does not ruin my day or weekend anymore. Last night was frustrating, but the other results and Pompey's demise made the journey home easier to cope with.

I hope we continue to keep the season alive with a win saturday, but in all honesty I think next season's championship looks like it maybe a lot fun, so that prospect doesn't worry me too much either.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I care as much now as I did when in my teens. What's changed is that I no longer take it out on people around me (maturity, I reckon) and that the upset doesn't last anywhere near as long (regrettably in many ways, there's more to life than just football these days)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Not just you...but its more to do with falling out of love with football, and not about the team we support.

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
yeh that makes sense

other things become more important too

lose the buzz of football as it is so sanitised

plus life priorities change i spose

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not just you...but its more to do with falling out of love with football, and not about the team we support.

It's not just about falling out of love with footy, though that is of course an understandable equation. It maybe as we get older we do (hopefully) mature and as much as we love our team etc. let's face it ...it's only a game.
I would love us to get promotion but if we don't realise we'll probably have a more successful season next year in the Championship than we would trying to get a foothold in the Prem. I say this because (and this hurts) we don't have enough quality players.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can it bug your whole weekend?

There's always that niggling thought at the back of my head yes , I try not to let it ruin such (unless it's a particularly bad result) but it just makes me more eager to see how we do in the next match.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Was annoyed at conceding late and losing last night for sure, but much better at seeing the bigger now and not getting too bothered about it after the final whistle. Also, I'm still quite happy watching us in the Championship at the moment, the novelty hasn't worn off yet. So another season or two similar to the last couple, would be fine by me. Just happy watching us play decent stuff (despite the lack of goals) and competing in the top half of a decent league.

And in the background of all this, I know off the field the club is moving forward in leaps and bounds and is in great hands for the future.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was hacked off for a few minutes but hey ho, we're still 3 points off the PO's. In the grand scheme of things, it IS just a game. You gotta put things into perspective and just think of like, there's whales starving to death in Japan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not so important in this league as lets face it if we have another few seasons in this division then hardly a painful thing and things can go backwards in football very easily !!!

Bothered me more in the bottom 2 divisions priestfield / withdean / even goldstone when future of club in doubt.

We have so much that most clubs would envy that its almost impossible to let results ruin to much when we are top half of this division.

Don't agree about Palace result though , that still hurts

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

It is no more than slightly disappointing and although it would be a pleasant surprise to win promotion via the playoffs, we are clearly not ready for it this season.

I never go into games thinking we will win, always happy with a draw, and if we are dominating a whole game without scoring, we all know what happens so no surprises or complaints on last nights result, we had it coming.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As far as the season goes then no I'm not bothered at all. I always thought it would be a hard year with all the post Poyet rubbish to contend with, however we've exceeded my expectations already.

As a fan though, I always want us to win and felt gutted last night when we threw it away.

Now I'm middle aged I'm a lot less strung up about it all, something I'm glad about. There's nothing I like better than watching us at the amex, win, draw or lose.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
For me its all about perspective. As a kid/teenager I had very little else to worry about than how Brighton performed and as such every result was so important especially at this time of the season but now I have a family and responsibilities I don't really worry so much about things and don't want to get home after a match and be in a bad mood to ruin the evening with my family, so when I leave a match by the time I get home I have put it to the back of my mind and carry on with life, win or lose.

Thats not to say that for the 90 minutes when the match is going on, the most important thing is winning and everything else is forgotten for that time. Its why football is so great because for the time when it is going on you forget about your other worries and problems and focus on one thing, your team winning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here