Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for your feedback anyway. You guys are great.

Glad we can put this one to bed now that we've established our two-bob outfit, in our dreary town, with our laughably small and quiet support doesn't even feature on your radar.

Is denial a common trait in Brighton?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading are the Wigan of the South*
Shiny new, half empty stadiums in non-football towns. Silent fans. Goal music.

*without the cup success and the likeable manager.

Obviously.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thanks for your feedback anyway. You guys are great.

Glad we can put this one to bed now that we've established our two-bob outfit, in our dreary town, with our laughably small and quiet support doesn't even feature on your radar.

Is denial a common trait in Brighton?

Yawn. Go away stop posting drivel just to be noticed.

Maybe if we play each other in play offs we will remember Reading has a football club.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I remember reading a theory once that, historically, the British hated the French, but had a grudging respect for them because the French hated them back with just the same venom. The British hated the Germans because the Germans kept saying that they and the British were so alike and could be friends. Palace are France. If you would like to be Germany feel free.

Brighton are not like Reading. The clubs may be of similar size and have similar league histories, but the clubs are not alike because of the make up of the fans. Brighton fans are reflective of the people of Sussex & Brighton. They are stubborn, arrogant, argumentative, arrogant, difficult, arrogant, cosmopolitan, arrogant, fiercely parochial, and above all, yet more arrogant.

You can't be us because you haven't got the sea and the Downs, you can't be us because you don't call people from outside your county 'foreigners', you can't be us because you don't look down your nose at everyone else, regardless of whether or not you have any reason to. You can't be us because you don't honestly believe that Reading is better than London.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
You get opposition fans like Dave here trying to manafacture some kind of spat when their own club has no one that really resembles a proper rival.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Liverpool right now, and Manchester City, tinpot tracksuits.

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
You get opposition fans like Dave here trying to manafacture some kind of spat when their own club has no one that really resembles a proper rival.
Erm :| I've already said that the Reading fans have got absolutely no beef with Brighton, so in what way am I trying to manafacture (sic) a spat?

And lol @ the idea of us not having a proper rivalry, you obviously don't know about our feud with MK Dons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Erm :| I've already said that the Reading fans have got absolutely no beef with Brighton, so in what way am I trying to manafacture (sic) a spat?

And lol @ the idea of us not having a proper rivalry, you obviously don't know about our feud with MK Dons.

WHO?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I remember reading a theory once that, historically, the British hated the French, but had a grudging respect for them because the French hated them back with just the same venom. The British hated the Germans because the Germans kept saying that they and the British were so alike and could be friends. Palace are France. If you would like to be Germany feel free.

Brighton are not like Reading. The clubs may be of similar size and have similar league histories, but the clubs are not alike because of the make up of the fans. Brighton fans are reflective of the people of Sussex & Brighton. They are stubborn, arrogant, argumentative, arrogant, difficult, arrogant, cosmopolitan, arrogant, fiercely parochial, and above all, yet more arrogant.

You can't be us because you haven't got the sea and the Downs, you can't be us because you don't call people from outside your county 'foreigners', you can't be us because you don't look down your nose at everyone else, regardless of whether or not you have any reason to. You can't be us because you don't honestly believe that Reading is better than London.

This is a brilliant post I almost wish I had written it myself.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Personally I think its a bit of a shame that the thick-eared rules of football state that we have to give stick to the 1000 that made the trip rather than the countless thousands that didn't. But then again... meh :shrug:

"Countless thousands" were talking about reading not Barcelona.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

NSC gold?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Readingfc106

Banned
Apr 27, 2014
Is it true that in Brighton, if you sleep with a woman, you're considered queer?

Keep taking those pills, you may live another few years.........

Enjoy your summer holidays, we're going to the play off's.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Is it true that in Brighton, if you sleep with a woman, you're considered queer?

Keep taking those pills, you may live another few years.........

Enjoy your summer holidays, we're going to the play off's.

Remind me, serious question when was the last time Reading didn't bottle it in the play off?

Readingfc106

Banned
Apr 27, 2014
Nobody likes a chip on the shoulder, let's face it. However, at least certain clubs with delusions of grandeur have actually had some grandeur about them in years gone by - Wolves, West Brom, Stoke City, Leicester City, Derby County etc. Begs the question, where has Brighton's shoulder chip been earned? For the life of me, I can't tell where...I mean, ffs, even Swindon and Oxford have a major trophy to their name!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here