Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. Panini Sticker Albums

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bah! Panini UK Ltd has had its appeal turned down - its classic sticker albums are now banned because of copyright infringements of the Premier League logo and the club badges. A truly sad day for kids and anoraks everywhere. :(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Awwww man, Panini sticker albums are what growin up is all about! I remember completing my first album (Mexico 86) Today is a very sad day indeed!
:nono:

86.jpg

The legendary Mexico 86 album!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think they used to rip kids off. My son had scores of swaps because they didn't issue equal amounts of the players.

It was a ploy to get kids to spend more and more of their pocket money to complete their albums. It almost became a compulsive obsession with him.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Very true about the limiting of certain players - I remeber how hard it was to lay your hands on a Bryan Robson or Ian Rush yet you had a huge surplus of dodgy Coventry City defenders and QPR midfielders...:rolleyes:

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
what a sad day
azcrying.gif

right im off to see the prime minister to get him to do something about this
nut.gif

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Mexico 86? I remember finishing the World Cup 82 book.

I still had Panini 80-85 in a drawer until a few years ago when I chucked them out.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
my first was Mexico 86! Still can't believe some of the dodgy super imposed pics!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
thats very sad. my first one was football 81. i kind of liked all the lower league 'half' sticker ones. then again the albion were top flight then and got the silver club badge:thumbsup: :albion: :thumbsup:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Got, got, got, got, need, got, got, need, got, got, got, got, need desperately! Got, got got...

I'll swap you three normals for one silver!

Last edited:

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The first one I completed was football 83 - albion in Div 1!!
Any one ever remember the two swansea players that had there names and photos mixed up? - sad git yes i know.
Coat....

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
That really is the end of an era and speaks volumes for what the game has now become. The only one I completed was Football League 1977-78, still got it in the loft falling to pieces, something to show the grandchildren etc etc....

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I've got Soccer Stars 77-78 somewhere, completed.
"Special Jubilee price 10p" it says on the front.
Trevor Brooking, Steve Coppell, Pat Jennings.
But Football '78 was the big one at Hoddern School in Peacehaven, even one of the teachers, Mr Escott, started collecting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here