Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For the hard of understanding. We had 3 youngsters make their 1st team debut last season with Arron wan bisaka being the stand out one . We have a couple more who could break through next season so the academy front is looking good . We are about to be purchasing a new academy site so the aim will be to get cat 1 asap so we can stop losing promising youngsters to big cat 1 clubs ( not you obviously).
As you can see you don't need to be all geared up academy wise to have a successful academy , we need to know your area and the players need that desire to make it . Youngsters from a outback countryside club with all the gear but no idea infrastructure idea will take a long time to get players who have the desire to make it .
I hope that clears things up dopey .

Palace have been talking about buying a new academy site for years. But please tell us when it finally happens. We're all terribly interested.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interest free, unsecured loans. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them, they never realise precisely what that means.

Indeed.

Then you consider the fact that BHAFC is owned and run by a lifelong fan who is a 3rd generation board member, and has invested £150m in the infrastructure to secure the long-term future of the club. By comparison, CPFC2010 is owned and run by a bunch of chancers, spivs and some foreign investors who arrived on the scene 5 minutes ago, and have a track record of nothing but unadulterated long-term dismal FAILURE with their hockey and basketball teams in the United States.

Add in the little nugget that (unlike TB), Disney actually draws a salary of millions from palace's coffers as well. I think I know who I'd rather have in our boardroom.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Indeed.

Then you consider the fact that BHAFC is owned and run by a lifelong fan who is a 3rd generation board member, and has invested £150m in the infrastructure to secure the long-term future of the club. By comparison, CPFC2010 is owned and run by a bunch of chancers, spivs and some foreign investors who arrived on the scene 5 minutes ago, and have a track record of nothing but unadulterated long-term dismal FAILURE with their hockey and basketball teams in the United States.

Add in the little nugget that (unlike TB), Disney actually draws a salary of millions from palace's coffers as well. I think I know who I'd rather have in our boardroom.

Forget accounts, Academy etc, the fact that one of your owners takes a salary (and rent!!) from your club is totally unacceptable to your fans, well
My Palace mates are fuming.I am sure the goons on here will come back with support for him, they always do, but that is Archerism in my book. I wonder if he has tweeted about that as he tweets about everything else. So who would you rather have? A life long fan who has put over £250 million in for no return or a floppy haired argumentative business man who always trying to sell his shares, who takes money out of a club in salary and rent who needs money for infrastructure and improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Have the accounts been filed yet . I notice Cabaye has left and Wilf wants a huge pay rise so things are getting interesting up the road.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not sure how this thread has got completely derailed from the subject of Palace's usual financial chicanery to all this willy-waving over academies.

What I do know is that Palace fans bitterly, BITTERLY resent the fact that we have an owner who has invested in the club to the extent whereby we are now on a much more even footing with them on the pitch, and a million miles ahead of them off it. And all within FFP. Its maddening for them.

To ease this pain, we see them concoct any number of bizarre fantasies about how we are in fact doomed, that TB's money will dry up, that he'll pull the plug and walk away, that the debt to TB is totally unsustainable, that the losses will cripple us, that we're all deluded, etc etc. Personally I've never felt more confident that the club is in a safe pair of hands, and is being run from top to bottom, from 1st team to academy in a first class manner. We're not in hock to any outside creditors (other than the spread transfer fees), the squad is being carefully invested in and built without throwing ridiculous fees and wages around, and anyone without the Palace jester-stripe specs on can see that BHA has been a club on the up for several years, and is just realising its potential now.

It really pisses them off. And its lovely.

And they love to think we are cheating unlike plucky little money laundering AFCB.

Anyway to put this to bed once and for all Palace have done no wrong, never do wrong and will never ever, ever, ever do anything wrong. Ever.

Hope this clears it up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And they love to think we are cheating unlike plucky little money laundering AFCB.

Anyway to put this to bed once and for all Palace have done no wrong, never do wrong and will never ever, ever, ever do anything wrong. Ever.

Hope this clears it up.

Spot on. Other than the exclusion of the bit blaming Sussex Police for everything that has gone wrong and may go wrong in the future.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the transfer front according to today's Telegraph:

IMG_2701.PNG

Calm before the signings storm?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ward and speroni have signed new contracts . Has the storm started ?

Glancing at BBS forum this morning (for the first time in ages) there were signs of infighting starting, between 2 schools of thought:

a) Those getting rather pissed off with this summer window, "when everyone else is signing players"; versus

b) How dare you be disloyal to Parrish.

You know, the typical forum stuff.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Glancing at BBS forum this morning (for the first time in ages) there were signs of infighting starting, between 2 schools of thought:

a) Those getting rather pissed off with this summer window, "when everyone else is signing players"; versus

b) How dare you be disloyal to Parrish.

You know, the typical forum stuff.

Bedwetters versus Lickers, I wonder where I've heard that before:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There seems to be some concern over there that their wage bill is 80% of their turnover (which is the highest % in the division), and is also the highest overall outside of the top 6 clubs. This is nice as well: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...league-rivals-warns-roy-hodgson-a3889131.html

Hodgson: "We are not in a situation like many Premier League clubs where we have a pot of gold to throw around to buy players. The club has spent a lot of money on transfers and are still paying for a lot of those going into the next seasons (note - plural). Unfortunately it has taken a large chunk out of any money that will be available to spend. We have not been able to strengthen as much as we would have liked. We have not got a lot of money to spend on players, so that will make it a bit difficult".

So as they enter their sixth season wallowing in the copious cash of the Premier League, they have the highest wagebill outside of the top 6, the highest wages-to-turnover, have invested £149.99 at B&Q in their infrastructure, and now seemingly do not have a pot to piss in.

What a way to run a football club. Lovely stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here