Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Statement from Ringmer FC

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
FB_IMG_1526451178092.jpg

I think this is sad given their history. But it seems to be an issue in non-league across the country at the moment.:down:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
View attachment 96949

I think this is sad given their history. But it seems to be an issue in non-league across the country at the moment.:down:

I can't remember his name back in the late 70s our P.E student ( on teaching practice ) played for Ringmer in the FACup blond lad got me the slipper for taking the piss after taking a short cut back to school from the sports field. Well done Ringmer it will be better in the long run.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Unfortunately they’re not the only ones! Sides folding at higher levels up the pyramid.

Sad state of affairs when you see the money at the top. FA making stupid decisions about ground requirements and certain re-structures don’t help maters. Thank god they saw sense this week and moved Cinderford (check a map!!) to the western league after initially having them in an EASTERN division!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unfortunately they’re not the only ones! Sides folding at higher levels up the pyramid.

Sad state of affairs when you see the money at the top. FA making stupid decisions about ground requirements and certain re-structures don’t help maters. Thank god they saw sense this week and moved Cinderford (check a map!!) to the western league after initially having them in an EASTERN division!

CINDERFORD!.JPG

:mad::mad::mad: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Spare a thought for Walton Casuals though - They won The Bostik South Play Off Final and ended up getting promoted across to the new Evo Stick South Premier Division, complete with trips away to Poole, Tiverton and Merthyr Tydfil.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Spare a thought for Walton Casuals though - They won The Bostik South Play Off Final and ended up getting promoted across to the new Evo Stick South Premier Division, complete with trips away to Poole, Tiverton and Merthyr Tydfil.

Yeah I saw that, how long will they sustain?
They’ve also split the northern prem east/west rather than north/south. I believe one team, Marske United have some savage trips! All this at step 7-8 of English football.

Then on top of travel the FA will demand a new 50 seater stand or concrete behind a goal and for what?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yeah I saw that, how long will they sustain?
They’ve also split the northern prem east/west rather than north/south. I believe one team, Marske United have some savage trips! All this at step 7-8 of English football.

Then on top of travel the FA will demand a new 50 seater stand or concrete behind a goal and for what?

Walton go from the extreme of playing The Met Police a couple of miles away, to a 328 mile round trip to Merthyr Tydfil.

It's all on here - https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpap...S20120to20420Club20Allocations202018-19-3.pdf

I hadn't seen that for Marske in The Northern League - Just the 366 mile round trip when they play away to Wisbech, or 354 when to go to Yaxley! Ouch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've discussed this stuff before, haven't we? I genuinely do not understand the financial model of sides at this level (and a level or two lower).

I've a mate, who plays in the Wessex Premier, which I think is the same level (8 maybe 9). He gets £70 a game, and is far from a star player. If for argument's sake we assume they are all on the same money (I'm sure they're not) then a squad of 15 is costing them over a grand a game - and they're playing in front of a handful of people paying a fiver each.

They had a run this year to the QF of the FA Vase (or Trophy - whichever is the one for tiny clubs) which might have helped, but then that involved hotels and coaches and stuff they would expect to normally shell out for.

These clubs can only survive like that, if they've a local businessman who fancies pretending to be Abramovich, at a personal cost of £50 - £100k a year :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
We've discussed this stuff before, haven't we? I genuinely do not understand the financial model of sides at this level (and a level or two lower).

I've a mate, who plays in the Wessex Premier, which I think is the same level (8 maybe 9). He gets £70 a game, and is far from a star player. If for argument's sake we assume they are all on the same money (I'm sure they're not) then a squad of 15 is costing them over a grand a game - and they're playing in front of a handful of people paying a fiver each.

They had a run this year to the QF of the FA Vase (or Trophy - whichever is the one for tiny clubs) which might have helped, but then that involved hotels and coaches and stuff they would expect to normally shell out for.

These clubs can only survive like that, if they've a local businessman who fancies pretending to be Abramovich, at a personal cost of £50 - £100k a year :shrug:

I know. Clubs all the way down the pyramid spend money they haven't got in order to achieve positions they can't maintain. Normally this is driven by fan pressure. Fans always want the chairman to 'get his chequebook out' so that the club can be competitive and 'move to the next level'. Just going to watch football and taking the rough with the smooth isn't enough any more, there must always be progress, next season must always be better than the last.

At League level there are enough fans to make an ugly mass, but that can't apply when it's one man and a dog. Fair play to Ringmer for saying "Do you know what? We're not playing that game any more." If more grassroots clubs would do it they could start a snowball effect.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
i believe Walton are moving to a new Ground the currant one been sold for redevelopment.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sad news about Ringmer. I think my grandad briefly managed them.

Used to be the best village team in Sussex not so long ago. It's a shame that the finances don't work out – you'd think that the social club would be enough to sustain a team at that level of the pyramid but admittedly I have no knowledge of how the business model really works.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
To think that they reached the First Round of the FA Cup in 1971, lost 3-0 at Colchester [emoji848]

I can't remember his name back in the late 70s our P.E student ( on teaching practice ) played for Ringmer in the FACup blond lad got me the slipper for taking the piss after taking a short cut back to school from the sports field. Well done Ringmer it will be better in the long run.

It was Nov 1970. .
He was at Patcham Fawcet and was my PE/swimming teacher as well. The BBC interviewed him (for Grandstand) at the school pool with us swimming in the background.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What happened when the man ate the clock?

I'm not sure but it was really time consuming.

(eating those gears can take some time)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here