Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Not giving the ball back to the opposition....

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Premier League reality started at Old Trafford season one. We had an injured player, genuine, but Man U refused to put the ball out. In the end we did but at the restart Man U kept the ball.
From then on I realised life was different in the Prem.

I may have misremembered but wasn't that Knockaert who was injured? I seem to remember him being fine as he usually is after going down clutching one part of his body or another. Every team has a few who do it and we have our fair share. I have no problem with players carrying on. Simple rule change will stop all the nonsense - ref can call on the physio to attend the player whilst the game continues around them. 90% of the "injured" players will soon get up. If they are seriously injured the ref can stop the game.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Liverpool keeper just let the ball sit at his feet until one of our lads ran up to make him pick it up, not an unusual way to waste a bit of time, but a bit unsporting as the ball came to be at his feet via an uncontested drop ball.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I may have misremembered but wasn't that Knockaert who was injured? I seem to remember him being fine as he usually is after going down clutching one part of his body or another. Every team has a few who do it and we have our fair share. I have no problem with players carrying on. Simple rule change will stop all the nonsense - ref can call on the physio to attend the player whilst the game continues around them. 90% of the "injured" players will soon get up. If they are seriously injured the ref can stop the game.

I'm more in favour of a drone with some sort of grabbing mechanism that can fly over and pick up the player and drop him at the side of the pitch

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm more in favour of a drone with some sort of grabbing mechanism that can fly over and pick up the player and drop him at the side of the pitch

It might need to be the size of a helicopter. A Chinook?

Playing on with one of those around might be a bit impractical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's really bizarre this idea that suddenly the players should become the referee. Why would they? They're a bit busy worrying about being in position, anticipating the ball etc.

What logic is there to it being their responsibility rather than the referee's?

It isn't.

Which is why I get cross when the players overrule the ref on this and kick the ball out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here