Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B0C32B22-8B81-499C-B267-1A9C550A4CCD.jpeg

The state of this utter ****

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They’d be better off getting themselves settled into ‘spoons for a monster session.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching the news coverage. People lying on the floor, wailing and crying. Sleeping on the floor and generally moaning at the camera. I get that it’s a huge disappointment but just go home or to a hotel. There’s nothing you can do. Deal with what is in front of you not what you were hoping for.

According to interviews with grounded passengers on 5Live and Radio Sussex, the majority took it on the chin. Then there were the melodramatic types you describe, and reportedly/predictably the aggressive berks looking for fisticuffs with staff. Brainless ... being confrontational with ‘small cogs’ in the system couldn’t possibly bring their flight time forward.

Just as with snow, these situations are a great leveller. The entitled are stuck with everyone else.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This all seems reminiscent of earlier transport SNAFUs. When they shut down most of the European airspace for nearly a week due to the volcano in Iceland erupting and when many trains in the UK were reduced to travelling at much slower speeds due to earlier fatalities caused by incompetent repairs to railway track. Sure there were potential risks but were the subsequent reactions out of proportion to the risk. I suppose the answer is that you never really know and you have to trust the powers that be know what they are doing

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I really hope this is sorted today. My son and his family are flying in from Japan and due to land at Gatwick tomorrow morning.

I understand your concern. My daughter also due to land from Ireland.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Could be that when flights resume we hear how much CO2 wasn't released into the atmosphere over the "down" time?
I'm sure we'll hear plenty from the Govt on the reason for the amount of time it's taken to resolve this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My money is on it being down to 2 male Russian tourists who came to The UK to visit the world famous Queens Square shopping centre in Crawley.
If it's a military drone it was possibly flown off the Kuzma Minin which run aground off Cornwall a couple of days ago before being re-floated.

I've been wondering what they shipped into the country from that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to interviews with grounded passengers on 5Live and Radio Sussex, the majority took it on the chin. Then there were the melodramatic types you describe, and reportedly/predictably the aggressive berks looking for fisticuffs with staff. Brainless ... being confrontational with ‘small cogs’ in the system couldn’t possibly bring their flight time forward.

Just as with snow, these situations are a great leveller. The entitled are stuck with everyone else.

I did feel sorry for the Mum who had booked a trip to Lapland for her son which has had to be cancelled. Yes, he can go next year, but he'll probably be too old for Santa by then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can’t help thinking there is more to this.

Yes. My thoughts , prob a bit dramatic were that if I was there and drones were buzzing around with no explanation, army snipers everywhere I’d get me and my family out of there. Thousands of people being deliberately delayed so they all build up and gather in one building? Sitting ducks. I’d be as far from Gatwick Airport as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here