Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Smashed back windscreen

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Hi

Looking for some advice, my back windscreen was smashed on my car - a company cutting the grass has accepted responsibility (orally and in writing) and said that they would pay for it to be replaced, just to get a quote and not involve insurance. What do you think I should do? I want to get some extra money out of them as I have been inconvenienced - what's the best way to go about this? I'm not saying I want to fleece them but I should be entitled so something surely, where there is a blame and all that?
Cheers

do not know you but you come across as an ungrateful slime bag,shame to are from my hometown

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't tell me, you are having nightmares about the broken window, you have lost all sex drive and are extremely nervous about driving any car, and your doctor has prescribed some pills for your nerves, this must be worth at least £50k.

Get a no win no fee lawyer onto it now, they may even come up with some more problems you are suffering from.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Just be greatfull they have taken responsibility. Many years ago I had a dust cart reverse down my road. Did 3 panels of my car. Didn’t even leave a note but luckily was caught on neighbours cctv. The driver was forced to pop round and apologise to my face

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
giphy.gif

ok-that-didnt-go-as-expected.jpg

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
As others have said, you're lucky they owned up. I went to my car the other morning to find my rear bumper half hanging off and the lighting unit smashed where some cjtc smashed into it over night,wished they left me a note...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't tell me, you are having nightmares about the broken window, you have lost all sex drive and are extremely nervous about driving any car, and your doctor has prescribed some pills for your nerves, this must be worth at least £50k.

Get a no win no fee lawyer onto it now, they may even come up with some more problems you are suffering from.

There must be some whiplash as well, there’s always whiplash. :lolol:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Hi

Looking for some advice, my back windscreen was smashed on my car - a company cutting the grass has accepted responsibility (orally and in writing) and said that they would pay for it to be replaced, just to get a quote and not involve insurance. What do you think I should do? I want to get some extra money out of them as I have been inconvenienced - what's the best way to go about this? I'm not saying I want to fleece them but I should be entitled so something surely, where there is a blame and all that?
Cheers

Please tell the way you have been inconvenienced, I'm sure when you itemise it we will all have a different view than seems to be common throughout this thread. how many hours have you lost? phone calls? time off work unable to earn your crust? or as the offender simply admitted it, took the time to confirm in writing (oh add the time taken to open the letter to your itemised list) it will be a matter of an hour or two and has a value of about 50p ...

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Hi

Cheers

Be thankful they admitted responsibility, and you haven’t got to pay your excess. Some people out there don’t have two pennies to run together, and you want more??

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This has probably been asked before but can I just clarify that having a smashed back windscreen is different from having your back door smashed in?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bloke did something similar to my car years ago. Shouldn’t been using his company van and would lost his job too. Accidents happen and he asked if his friend, a body repairist, could do the job and he’d pay for it. Took him entirely on trust and his mate did a really good job and his company were none the wiser. Yes it inconvenienced me for half a day but c’est la vie. All’s well that ends well. Just let them pay for the cost of the job and don’t screw em for anything more. Be nice, karma and all that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hi

Cheers

In a world where:

1) It's always somebody else's fault

2) No one says sorry, they are only sorry you feel "sorry"

3) People are scared to accept responsibility because of the ramifications

Somebody actually owns up, accepts responsibility and offers to rectify the problem.

Ever wondered why we live in a world like that ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Not the response you were looking for I take it ? [MENTION=20799]Randsta[/MENTION]
That pretty much epitomises what’s wrong with this country, too many people want something for nothing with a sense of entitlement !
I bet you’re a vegan too !

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
How do you fancy your chances. Someone has accidentally caused your windscreen to be smashed and instead of denying his involvement has been decent and agreed to pay for it to be replaced. If you tried to take him for more than £100 are you certain he won't return one night with a sharp knife and slash your tyres or a freak incident where a bird drops a stone onto your windscreen the following day.

He knows where you live and what your car looks like and you're considering trying to rip him off when he could easily claim the original damage was just bad luck and you'd have to try and force a payment out of him.

Some people!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here