Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Preston Park Rockery

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Gone past a couple of times in last week and it is looking absolutely stunning. It has been improving enormously year on year for some time now.

:bowdown: to [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] and his band of helpers

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Went there yesterday and had an enjoyable coffee with said Mighty Jevs. Beautiful, as was the Rock Garden!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm sure the 29th Brighton cubs (St John the Evangelist) went to do a bit of tidying up there recently. It must be all down to them.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Thank you Watford, i'm very proud of what we've done there. Notice i've said "we've" because despite being the only full time member of staff there, I wouldn't of achieved the standard without my fantastic team of volunteers and community payback guys but also to NSC legend Jack Straw who, as my manager, pushed me in the right direction, believed in the things I wanted to do and helped get everything done....oh as well as drinking all my coffee. For that, i'll be eternally grateful and it's a pleasure to see Uncle Jack every few weeks when he pops in.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Just to mention, if anyone wants to look around the garden....either as an individual or a group, i'll happily take you round and give you a guided tour. Week days or weekends. Just give me a shout.....no cost. It takes around 1 hour 30 mins and is mainly on the flat.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just to mention, if anyone wants to look around the garden....either as an individual or a group, i'll happily take you round and give you a guided tour. Week days or weekends. Just give me a shout.....no cost. It takes around 1 hour 30 mins and is mainly on the flat.

I'll take you up on that offer in the near future. Been saying for years I've got to have a look

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thanks, a great idea for a group I belong to.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Wow - fantastic offer. Might I make a suggestion though, rather than you have to do lots of individual tours why not a couple of NSC tours and everyone makes a donation to REMF of say a couple of quid. Me and Mrs W would certainly be up for a tour.

Maybe we could all go for a curry after ? :wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rockery was looking pretty gorgeous in the bright sunshine earlier this morning :love:

Top top work by [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] and his team :bowdown:

PR1.jpg

PR2.jpg

PR3.jpg

PR4.jpg

PR6.jpg

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Haven't been since I was a kid. Keep forgetting to take the Mrs and nipper there. Will definitely pay a visit next time we're down. So many happy memories of the place, it's great.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Haven't been since I was a kid. Keep forgetting to take the Mrs and nipper there. Will definitely pay a visit next time we're down. So many happy memories of the place, it's great.

Same here, it isn't far from where my Grandparents lived and my Mum worked, we'd often visit with my Grandad in the summer holidays when waiting to pick my Mum up from work. Many happy memories of the place. Fantastic to see it looking so colourful and well looked after.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Thank you for all the nice comments, there's virtually wall to wall colour from now to the first frosts. The garden is in it's "romantic" phase at the moment with lots of pastel colours with the Penstemons, Rock Roses, Campanula and Lavender all in flower. Soon, all the hot colours from the Helenium, Rudbeckia, Phlox, Echinacea and Russian Sage will take over and the garden becomes lovely and bright.

For those asking, the garden's 2.4 acres but we stay down the bottom when I give the tours. There is obviously the chance to walk round all the areas before or after.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hear hear. Fantastic stuff [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION]

It lifts the spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills