Wales, you've got to laugh....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
They get Finland at home go 1-0 up then fall apart and luckily scrape a draw, Only to find Italy have cocked up in Serbia and only draw. If Wales had held on for another 10 minutes it would be in their hands, talk about make it difficult for themselves.

The playoff will probably be against the Dutch :lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
It turns out wales were lucky to get what they did - the goal was handball and Finland had them on the rack for most of the game, still, you've got to be gutted if you're Welsh!

It's also nice to see Italy screwing up an "easy" game, you're made to feel by the press that it's only us that have the occasional wobble.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Heard this morning that Holland and Spain will be in the play-offs for Euro2004, so obviously we're not the only ones in trouble. And Spain were in a group where the strongest competition were Greece!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't really matter if Wales had won, they'd have been one point ahead of Italy who's next opponents are the mighty Azerbijan.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Keep laughing GG. Are you 100% sure that the English team who scraped a 2-1 win against Macedonia on Saturday and then managed a 2-0 victory over the mighty Liechtenstein last night will avoid defeat in Turkey next month?

Personally, I think they will. But I also think it's a bit early for you to be taking the piss out of other teams when England have yet to qualify. Especially when you may meet the teams who you are laughing at in the qualification play-offs.

It's called tempting fate......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's hope England don't end up playing the Welsh or the Scots in a play-off.

I can't stand all the weeks of bravado from our Celtic cousins before every game we play against them, followed by a sudden silence and a "we're only a small nation so we never expected to win anyway" when England scrape past them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes but you forget, we are the arrogant English!!!!

We invented the bloody game, we SHOULD be best at it!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
England will get the result, a 0-0 reminiscent of that game in Rome, all the lads will be fired up for it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is much too early to be gloating. We've always had relatively easy play-offs, no-one wants Holland or Spain. And anything could happen in Istanbul given the circus surrounding the match.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wise words mate.

I am looking forward to a Scotland v Wales play-off, all square in the second leg, cross from McCann, Robbie Savage sticks up his arm, pen, Savage sent off, Scotland go through...

Teams definitely in the play-offs:

Slovenia
Holland

Teams that may be in the play-offs:

Romania
Denmark
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Hungary
Poland
Latvia
Germany
Iceland
Scotland
Greece
Spain
England
Turkey
Croatia
Belgium
Italy
Wales
Switzerland
Russia
Republic of Ireland

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's not gloating, but there was a lot of overblown hype. Wales have got a decent first 11 players, but it is bloomin thin once it gets beyond that.

Something Albion fans know all about.

I hope they get through. Just not via a play-off against us.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Keep laughing GG. Are you 100% sure that the English team who scraped a 2-1 win against Macedonia on Saturday and then managed a 2-0 victory over the mighty Liechtenstein last night will avoid defeat in Turkey next month?

Personally, I think they will. But I also think it's a bit early for you to be taking the piss out of other teams when England have yet to qualify. Especially when you may meet the teams who you are laughing at in the qualification play-offs.

It's called tempting fate......

Well, you'd know all about screwing up play-offs.............

Lap of honour anyone?????:lolol: :lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'd love Wales to get through. Especially if they beat Soctland in the play-offs to do it. I fookin hate Scotland.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Storer68 said:
Well, you'd know all about screwing up play-offs.............

Lap of honour anyone?????

Aaah, yes. That cruel play-off semi-final defeat against Stoke. I remember it well. A dismal night indeed. Mind you, that particular memory is not quite as fresh as the memory of City's play-off final victory against QPR in front of a 60,000+ crowd at the Millennium Stadium a few months ago......

First Division football anyone?????

:lolol: :lol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports