Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughes anyone?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
4million seems ridiculously cheap. I'm in. He's looked excellent whenever I've seen him play and if the worst comes to the worst and we do get relegated he'd be a brilliant player to have in the championship.

The guy has always been a bloody nuisance when ever he's played against us. He can produce a piece of brilliance at any time, and always looking to create a chance to score. The question is, is he good enough for the PL, and is he better than what we have? I'm not sure on either of those counts.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
But from an external perspective, Rowett would be mad to not 'fancy' him. He's the sort of player that can win games on their own.

It baffles me how Derby haven't challenged for promotion recently considering the players at the different managers' disposal.

On the first point, I totally agree, but he wasn't first name on the team sheet under Rowett and there's some concern he might want to cash in to sign players who fit his plan.

On the 2nd point - too much change, bad appointments, dressing room issues - how long have you got?!

Hopefully, Rowett will build a team around Hughes and add a bit more character. I'm optimistic we'll be better this season, that's all I'm predicting.

Obviously, if you do sign him, I'll be disappointed but hopeful that he'll be a success, because on form he's a joy to watch.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Not a Rowett type player - hardly in the team under him

Five managers per year at Derby these days

Superb signing if we can get him

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Boooooooooooooooooooo

erm

He's rubbish anyway.

I'm not that bothered, he's done hardly anything since coming back from injury. Think everyone is remembering the player he was, which may not be the player he is now. I really think he needs a decent season in the Champ before he's Prem ready.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Taking everything on the internet with a hefty lump of salt. Right now, as far as we know, Watford are as close to signing Hughes as we are to signing Mooy.

Correct - While there is no-one in the Derby squad who is unsellable, £5m doesn't get you a Will Hughes, he's the prime example of what Mel Morris wants to do with the club and I can't imagine him being sold on the cheap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
May be in action 5pm SS1, England U21 v Sweden U21, Euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here