Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the right age to let your children listen to swearing in music/films?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One song he loved was "Cake by the ocean" by DNCE but he noticed a difference in the radio edit and the one on youtube. on the radio is goes "lets go crazy crazy" but on the video is "go f**** crazy". Now Casper Junior doesn't know what that word means of course but as he is learning by repetition thats what he sings - and you cant find a clean version.
That's one of the songs I've had a problem with. Also "You don't know me", but Jax Jones. "Ah, yeah, time is money so don't **** my mind". It's the only swear word in the song (AFAIK, and ignoring damn, which I say all the time - and am told off for). Every time we play the song, I speak to the kids when she says ****. They've never noticed :lol:

I dont understand why swearing has become so mainstream - do the artists think its naughty to appeal to children?
I don't think so, the word just fits in 'Cake by the ocean', and there's no need for them not to swear.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When my kids were younger, we would have CDs on in the car during journeys, Mrs LLF and myself would cough over the swear words .
It used to be about one cough, every four or five songs.With some of the tracks today, we'd sound like we have terminal consumption, if we had to do the same thing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
When my kids were growing up, I was more concerned about violence in films than swearing, as they heard swear words at school. My daughter was only 4 when I heard her swearing, repeating something she'd heard her 7 year old brother say. Obviously, I had a word in his shell like, which seemed to have a good effect.

I agree with you, it would be far more of a concern for me that children can see a film of a person getting shot or hacked to death than language which just words!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here