Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling Old

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Reaching Elvis' death age made me feel old but on the plus side I was better looking than him and in better shape at 42.
Stone?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Grey hairs at the side of my head - not helped when Tranmere were hanging on at 1-0 at home to Dover to complete quite an ambitious acca last night. My heart was pounding.

I might buy some hair dye with the winnings.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What makes me feel old is that I have now been working at the same place for longer than any of the kids at the highschool next door have been alive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Listening to the 1966 World Cup Final on a little transistor radio whilst camping in the New Forest on the 30th July having become 9 years old in the June . Sister still 2 years from her first Goldstone match and me 3 years since my first . So much water under both my life and Albion's bridges in the ensuing 50 years . Many memories seem like yesterday as does this . But do start to feel old on reflection .

VPM rule ok.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I used to wear flares when I watched the Albion, now I can't anymore as I'll be banned. :(
Your eyesights gone. You can still wear them but you can't light them and fire them onto the pitch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What happened to the half time score cards placed against the wall on the east terrace that would correspond to your programme fixtures. Transistor radios coming in ruined all that.

Then the shout of 'football half times' by the Argos seller even though the match had finished by then. And where are all the bog rolls nowadays ? Transferring to the north if it was pissing down on the east........ that always made for a great atmosphere.

These are all stories I've heard of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Conversation in work today about a member of staff who 'has a lot of relevant experience and is quite senior'..........and was, er, born after I started work. FFS. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

el punal

What happened to the half time score cards placed against the wall on the east terrace that would correspond to your programme fixtures. Transistor radios coming in ruined all that.

Then the shout of 'football half times' by the Argos seller even though the match had finished by then. And where are all the bog rolls nowadays ? Transferring to the north if it was pissing down on the east........ that always made for a great atmosphere.

These are all stories I've heard of course.

Of course you did. :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll only feel old when Pope's start looking young..........

I'll start feeling old only when I resign fro the punctuation police.

Popes. It is Popes. FFS. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You meant from. FROM the punctuation police.

See the post immediately above yours. Get with it, daddy-o, as they very certainly did not say back in the 1960s.

:O:cheers:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I remember when Ian Wrights son Shaun Wright Phillips broke into football and then played for England, that made me feel old.

Well, Shaun Wright Phillips son has just been called up for England U16's.

:ohmy:

I've just discovered Shaun Wright-Phillips plays for Phoenix Rising, the local team out here (who play in the United Soccer League, the second tier of US soccer). And, supposedly, Didier Drogba signed a three-year deal with the team yesterday. :ohmy:

I might have to get along to one of their games as their new stadium isn't too far from where I live.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lets get this straight I don't feel old (I'm 60 but look 108:drink:) - however.........................................Today while quietly perusing a Screwfix Book in said establishment in Brighton a young fella crept up and asked me if I needed any help finding my items ffsake :moo:

Later in ASDA the lady on the till asked if I needed help packing - I had ten items fffffsake :moo:
On telling her I thought I could cope at my age she got knocky and said they ask everyone this question (lie) and it wasn't an ageist question :eek:
She ignored my cheery 'thank you' after I paid up.
This country has gone to the dogs :moo:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Lets get this straight I don't feel old (I'm 60 but look 108:drink:) - however.........................................Today while quietly perusing a Screwfix Book in said establishment in Brighton a young fella crept up and asked me if I needed any help finding my items ffsake :moo:

Later in ASDA the lady on the till asked if I needed help packing - I had ten items fffffsake :moo:
On telling her I thought I could cope at my age she got knocky and said they ask everyone this question (lie) and it wasn't an ageist question :eek:
She ignored my cheery 'thank you' after I paid up.
This country has gone to the dogs :moo:

same happened to me in Superdrug, young man of about 12 asked me if I needed help buying .... SHAMPOO
Three items in Sainsburys .... do I need help packing FFS I didn't even need a bag!
I'm not that f-ing old, I was born in the 60s (almost)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here