Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burning music to cd

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So it turns out since the last time I did this, apple have put DRM protection on some tracks meaning making a mix CD is proving to be a pain in the arse (aka impossible).

This wouldn't normally bother me as CD's are pretty much dead to me. However, I need some for an upcoming wedding.

So NSC. how do YOU do it?

I have a Mac and have always used iTunes. What is my alternative, if any? Does every company put DRM protection on now?

from Apple:

An iTunes playlist containing the music and video you want on the disc. If your playlist contains iTunes Store purchases, you can burn it to a disc as many times as you want as long as all the items are iTunes Plus songs. If some items aren't iTunes Plus songs, you can burn the playlist up to seven times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So it turns out since the last time I did this, apple have put DRM protection on some tracks meaning making a mix CD is proving to be a pain in the arse (aka impossible).

Apple making it difficult for their own customers ?

Blimey. There's a turn-up.

Jul 7, 2003
I have never trusted my music to iTunes. I used good old WinAmp for years before AOL bought it and preferred to let it die rather than give the licence over to the open source community. I moved to MediaMonkey which works well for me but it looks like WinAmp is back again and supports OS X so might be worth a look.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I have never trusted my music to iTunes. I used good old WinAmp for years before AOL bought it and preferred to let it die rather than give the licence over to the open source community. I moved to MediaMonkey which works well for me but it looks like WinAmp is back again and supports OS X so might be worth a look.

Winamp has always been around in the original form, the source was released been using it for about 2/3 years again now and nothing beats it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here