Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burning music to cd

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
So it turns out since the last time I did this, apple have put DRM protection on some tracks meaning making a mix CD is proving to be a pain in the arse (aka impossible).

This wouldn't normally bother me as CD's are pretty much dead to me. However, I need some for an upcoming wedding.

So NSC. how do YOU do it?

I have a Mac and have always used iTunes. What is my alternative, if any? Does every company put DRM protection on now?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
So it turns out since the last time I did this, apple have put DRM protection on some tracks meaning making a mix CD is proving to be a pain in the arse (aka impossible).

This wouldn't normally bother me as CD's are pretty much dead to me. However, I need some for an upcoming wedding.

I have a Mac and have always used iTunes. What is my alternative, if any? Does every company put DRM protection on now?

Where did you buy your time machine from? Whilst we are at it, anyone know how to record top of the pops on to cassette?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to a family function recently and was astounded that the DJ didnt have any cds or records he did it all on line but then I thought of my last pub that the juke box was similar with over 1m selections to chose from. Progression and technology my only beef being old fashioned was the DJ didnt chat just played the music. I then thought why couldnt you just hire some lights and then load an ipod with tunes and do the same why pay for a DJ.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014

1. Find the tracks you want
2. Download a .m4a (Or whatever format your music is in) to MP3 converter from t'internet
3. Convert your files to .Mp3's
4. Laugh as the copy protection should now be circumvented.

Failing that, theoretically you could just download the songs again from the internet. Seeing as you've already paid for them and all that..

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My cousin's musical band is cheap

wedding-002.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

It's the music industry and the recording artists fighting back. Interesting that they would do that since you are trying to steal their product at no cost to you.

Jan 30, 2008
i went to a family function recently and was astounded that the dj didnt have any cds or records he did it all on line but then i thought of my last pub that the juke box was similar with over 1m selections to chose from. Progression and technology my only beef being old fashioned was the dj didnt chat just played the music. I then thought why couldnt you just hire some lights and then load an ipod with tunes and do the same why pay for a dj.
nothing worse than the needle bouncing about???
regards
DR

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
One of these beauties in front of your speakers, tell everyone to be quiet during 'processing' and BINGO....DRM free and crystal clear playlist.

tape-recorder.jpg

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
It's the music industry and the recording artists fighting back. Interesting that they would do that since you are trying to steal their product at no cost to you.

How exactly am I trying to steal? Since all I'm trying to do is put tracks I've paid for onto a cd, I fail to understand your condescending point.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
How exactly am I trying to steal? Since all I'm trying to do is put tracks I've paid for onto a cd, I fail to understand your condescending point.
I think that, as of June this year, format changing became legal. So you're not breaking any laws by doing that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The music industry fighting back, preventing people from being able to use the music they purchased as they wish...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Syncios works extremely well for me-just need to have i-tunes on your pc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here