Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst typo / spelling mistake you've ever made or seen?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Signed off an email with "Best retards" once.

Oops.

I went down the 'kind retards' route with one. Still won the contract too.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I once had to send a fairly formal email to a lady named Jo, who I'd never met before. I started the email 'To Jo', though having written the rest of the email and read through, decided that wasn't formal enough so changed it to 'Dear Jo'.

Except, after sending, realised I had in fact written 'To Dear'.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can we include misuse of English in this thread?
I've just had to mark an essay by a foreign student about construction projects. I'm still working out how to tell him that you have to be very careful how you use the word erection.

I just misread your user name as 'scrotum' :lolol:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
This one is pretty pretty pretty good

d1d0292830193074d7c20febd29c9f5a.jpg

The funniest comedy ever. Take a bow Larry David. Painfully funny.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
My final year of university was at a marine station Port Erin in the IOM,
In my dissertation Erin was corrected to urine. On reflection I think urine was correct.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I was a kid there was guy in our street who was in court, his trial was covered by the Argus.

The next day, there was a correction "In yesterday's court report we said x of Medmerry Hill, Brighton had been convicted of buggery. That should have read burglary"

That one made it in Private Eye IIRC

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Worst one for me happened as my wife was in the final throes of pregnancy with our firstborn. She text me one afternoon whilst I was at work, saying something along the lines of "I'm just going out for a walk, hopefully that will make the baby get a move on".

It's amazing how a single, half-centimetre mistake on a phone keyboard can turn "I hope it does" into "I hope it dies". She was rather upset with me.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My two favourites;

First from a John Lee Hooker cd booklet which said that he'd worked with artists ranging from Van Morrison to Canned Meat.

Second from the Grauniad obituary for Mel Torme. His nickname was the Velvet Fog & there was a photo with the caption 'Mel Torme - The Velvet Frog'.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I worked in a technical support/returns department for a computer component company. One of the items we supplied was faulty and I sent an email apologising for any incontinence caused rather than inconvenience, luckily he saw the funny side.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I guess some folk will know the famous Ashley Giles benefit year mugs. Instead of putting Ashley Giles 'King of Spin' the manufacturer put 'King of Spain'. Doubtless they are now collectors items.

Offside Oz

Apr 30, 2016
When processing a motor insurance claim, I received a claim form which said the "other driver was driving erotically"

They meant "erratically"

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well sometimes it pays to check the font you use. In particular the one that joins the r with a following n to make an m. You can perhaps imagine my surprise to discover contrary to my former teachers opinion Joan of Arc was actually ..

...Bumed to Death :eek:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am embarrassed to admit that I once typed "Piers Morgan is a count" by mistake. Mortified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here