Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iñigo Calderón Appreciation Evening

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Far from it I dont need to be in ' the in crowd ' with players.

Nobody said you.did. And this is a discussion forum for opinions. Yours on this subject which is clearly in the minority has been voiced. You then choose to repeat it ad nauseam because you get a bizarre.kick out of reading peoples responses and telling them theyre wrong as its your opinion that counts

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Our attitude is - we feel it's the courteous, gracious thing to say 'thank you' to someone who has been an ambassador to the club and city we love, and a role model to so many people.

So that's what we're doing.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
From the club, his employers, for long service nothing from the supporters.
Well, if you feel it's that important 36 years after he left, organise something. We'd love to go along.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does 'every player' truly give 100% for the Albion cause, however sporadically they are playing?

Does 'every player' give up hours of their time on a very regular basis, to assist with the club's community programmes?

Does every player go knocking on the charity's door asking what they can help with next, rather than just fulfilling contractual obligations?

Is 'every player' a qualified teacher / sports psychologist who in their own time, delivers lectures to community groups and back-to-work schemes?

Does 'every player' get involved with the National Citizenship Scheme for young people?

Does 'every player' pay very regular visits to the Chestnut Tree House children's hospice?

Does 'every player' run a sponsored triathlon in their summer break to raise money for charity?

Because, if they do, then yes, they truly DO deserve such 'adulation'.
The most 100% THIS it is possible to give - spectacular drivel from BG even by his standards.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It worries me that next season, should we get promoted, somebody feels obliged to do the same for BZ because of his goals or DS because of his saves without which we wouldnt have got promotion.
Why would that worry, or indeed affect, you in any way whatsoever?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BG give it up. A lot of people here are very fond of you but you are making a bit of a tit of yourself on this thread imo

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wouldnt because as is obvious I dont agree with it.
Alright, you've made your point (endlessly).

Can you please give it a rest now......

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I would just like to say that I opened this thread, saw the fabulous poster, read what it was about, and sent off my email to register interest. It's just a great idea and sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable night out for one of our favourite sons. He just gets it right and personifies everything most would want in a footballer and ambassador. Mrs Earle loves him to bits and it's just a bit of fun with a slightly serious point of showing our appreciation back to him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dreadful timing, I had this date arranged for the inaugural "An audience with BensGrandad" evening - I've even booked the venue (Haywards Heath spoons) :mad:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can Calde play left back though..?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes. Yes there is. Numbers will be strictly limited to 13 and they'll all have to sit on the same side of the table.

lastsupp.jpg

There are no chairs. Must people bring their own?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here