Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for a pub in/near Crawley with indoor kids play area

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did you find one? Can't think of anything at all down that way. I didn't think the Beech Hurst one at Haywards Heath (mentioned earlier) had a play area these days. Which leaves the hideous Air Balloon in Horley. Neither really in your search range. Frankly, from the point of view of your Sunday lunch, that's probably a good thing...

Nope. I had a vague recollection that The Sportsman at Withdean possibly had something once, but don't believe that's the case any more, if it ever was.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Stay at home, or if you have to go out, lock the little darlings safely out of the way in the cupboard under the stairs where they can't get up to mischief.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Nope. I had a vague recollection that The Sportsman at Withdean possibly had something once, but don't believe that's the case any more, if it ever was.

I think they once had something like that, but have a feeling it stopped round about the time the Albion moved in. Didn't we use the area to entertain corporate guests on match days?

Surprising that there really doesn't seem to be anything of that nature along the coast. There's enough Harvesters & Brewers Fayre type pubs around, seems odd that none would have handy indoor child distraction facilities. Big gap in the market.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The soft play areas I have seen in pubs in the past are generally a small cage with plastic balls.
Our kids got bored very quickly and were back mithering at the table in no time.

Get a daytime babysitter (granny?) and treat yourself to a leisurely pub lunch.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
These ball pit play things can also get bloody hot in there really quickly,

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Apparently the new pub "coaching halt" just outside Maidenbower has an indoor play area. Only a couple of years late.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently the new pub "coaching halt" just outside Maidenbower has an indoor play area. Only a couple of years late.

Ah yes, opened a couple of months ago. I can't help feeling that their description of an "indoor play area" is flowering it up a bit though :ohmy:

1382439_223036624530391_208476132_n.jpg

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Haha Crawley has a Disneyland

I like it that it says "Under 5s Only".

It looks like the sort of thing you'd occupy a one year old with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here