Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I alone in thinking we played alright last night?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought we edged it and probably deserved all three points.

A concern to me was the lack of bodies in the box, we have two quality wingers on the flanks and only one or two targets in the penalty area. We need support from midfield or even full backs supporting the front two.

I still think we have the players to finish the job they have started just a tad more positivity iin the final third.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My take on it was we had a great tempo to the game and cannot fault the effort of the players but

- too many games recently we have conceded first which has left us chasing the game and does not suit the way we like to control proceedings

- lots of stray passes and poor decision making in the final third limited our chances on goal

- we resorted to long desperate balls far too early in the second half when we know our best chance of scoring lay in playing through them

However on a positive note there were flashes of the side we know and love as we moved the ball quickly from right to left pulling Ipswich out of position and broke quickly.

Far too early to be pressing the panic button but will have to address these areas quickly if we want to get a decent return from the next 3 games

Agree with this, really. There was plenty that went well last night, but our passing was all too frequently awry, decision-making suspect at times, we didn't quite make the best of certain opportunities when well set, and didn't capitalise on some pretty good opportunities (Knockaert first half, Baldock and Murray in the second, especially).

If you think aimlessly putting floated diagonal crosses into the box for the last 15-20 mins us playing well then I am surprised.

Whilst you couldn't fault the effort and desire, that is where it ended for me. Basic things like passing, decent movement, keeping the shape and decision making were absent.

For me it was poor. Stockdale saved us.

Yes and terrible to watch too - we are much better than this and it's incredible people want to defend the performance last night against a team who have very nearly got their manager the sack this season they've been so underwhelming.

When the wingers are not on their game and the balls aren't finding the likes of Baldock and Murray in the channels - then we look damn ugly. It's absolutely vital we get Kayal back as he is the only midfielder we have who can pass and move into space and open up teams in the middle of the pitch. We really need this added dimension to our play if we are not to be worked out by opponents in this final third of the season

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes and terrible to watch too - we are much better than this and it's incredible people want to defend the performance last night against a team who have very nearly got their manager the sack this season they've been so underwhelming.

When the wingers are not on their game and the balls aren't finding the likes of Baldock and Murray in the channels - then we look damn ugly. It's absolutely vital we get Kayal back as he is the only midfielder we have who can pass and move into space and open up teams in the middle of the pitch. We really need this added dimension to our play if we are not to be worked out by opponents in this final third of the season
Well done. Textbook NSC negativity. The elevation to Messiah status of a currently unavailable player is particularly commendable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've got nothing to defend...i thought at times we did play well...quite enjoyed the game....just the result that was crap.....however it was interesting to note CH's comments who thought it was a sub standard performance

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
...meanwhile 'uddesfield struggled at bottom of the table Rotherham (but got a last gasp winner), then they have the Tin Pots away.
Wait and see people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here