Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa injury

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As keepers go he's way, way past his best.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nothing serious according to Hughton. It isn't dislocated

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I've clicked that assuming to find something out, and (to save others having to click it) it says nothing about how long he'll be out for or whether we'll have to bring in a replacement.

In fairness it does state we can recall Walton back from loan if need be which answers that question.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've clicked that assuming to find something out, and (to save others having to click it) it says nothing about how long he'll be out for or whether we'll have to bring in a replacement.
Yes, it just highlights what our options are, including recalling Walton, and then says a little to dampen down speculation about Stockdale, but no absolute FACTS.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the Argus website is almost un-usable with the number of adverts embedded. That and the videos that burst into life at times, it's dangerous to open at work.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The option to recall Walton has to be the plan B.

But if Maenpaa only out for a couple of games then it would be better to leave Walton where he is as he is developing well.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
from the Grauniad today, about Ankergren (see last line):

Once Lincoln City were awarded a penalty and the chance to draw level with Brighton & Hove Albion here, their midfielder Terry Hawkridge ran over to give some advice to the taker, Alan Power. “He said: ‘Just pick a spot and go for it,’ and that’s what I did,” Power said. But he had to wait several minutes before going for it because Brighton’s goalkeeper, Niki Maenpaa, needed treatment for an injury and then had to be replaced by Casper Ankergren. So what went through Power’s mind during that time? “A lot, to be honest,” the Dubliner said. Did Lincoln’s longest-serving player, who joined just after the club were relegated from the league in 2011, reflect on what a special moment it would be if he scored? Did he consider that an equaliser could provide the platform for Lincoln to beat the Championship leaders and advance to the fifth round proper of the FA Cup for the first time since 1902? Maybe, but Power chuckled at the randomness of his first thought. “Their new keeper,” he explained afterwards. “How old he looked.”

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
from the Grauniad today, about Ankergren (see last line):

Once Lincoln City were awarded a penalty and the chance to draw level with Brighton & Hove Albion here, their midfielder Terry Hawkridge ran over to give some advice to the taker, Alan Power. “He said: ‘Just pick a spot and go for it,’ and that’s what I did,” Power said. But he had to wait several minutes before going for it because Brighton’s goalkeeper, Niki Maenpaa, needed treatment for an injury and then had to be replaced by Casper Ankergren. So what went through Power’s mind during that time? “A lot, to be honest,” the Dubliner said. Did Lincoln’s longest-serving player, who joined just after the club were relegated from the league in 2011, reflect on what a special moment it would be if he scored? Did he consider that an equaliser could provide the platform for Lincoln to beat the Championship leaders and advance to the fifth round proper of the FA Cup for the first time since 1902? Maybe, but Power chuckled at the randomness of his first thought. “Their new keeper,” he explained afterwards. “How old he looked.”

I must confess when he came on I said the exact same thing. I couldn't believe he couldn't kick the ball properly though. Felt sorry for the old fella.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've pretty much given up on the arsegas for exactly those reasons. So many adverts it's impossible.

It's like one of those dodgy stream sites, with the pop up ads with little crosses hidden in odd places.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
the Argus website is almost un-usable with the number of adverts embedded. That and the videos that burst into life at times, it's dangerous to open at work.

My PC hates the Argus site, it has to work harder and the fan wants to kick in on max. If I have a few browser windows open and go to the Argus it just crashes the lot. It has to be the worst website ever and the download speed reminds me of the dial up connections of the 90's.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh those adverts get right on my nerves, the ones with the noisy videos that start without any warning or invitation. Pretty much all newspaper websites have them now. Massively annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here