Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Channel 5 football tosspots

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Its all getting a bit NEEDY, this wanting to hear constant praise from the media about us, isn't it ? I didn't watch C5 tonight, but if they mentioned our GD then so what ? Its what has kept us out of the top 2 for now, thats just a fact. I don't really give a toss what pundits say about us tbh, good bad or indifferent. None of it matters a jot.

Just passionate about Brighton thats all :)

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Surely a key part of our success this season has been the fact that we have kept off the media radar. Less pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
My favourite last night was that they showed a view of the Ayala offside decision from behind the goal which at the very least showed that it was a very tight call and Ayala might have been off. This was after they had all spent five minutes saying what a terrible decision it was and instead of admitting that it was closer than they thought, Riley said " but that's not the view the lines man sees..." :ffsparr:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Good

I like being the team being written off, keeps the pressure off us which seems to have served as well this season.

What will **** me off is IF we get automatic and the 'experts' that had us down as also rans start saying what a quality side we are and how we deserved it.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Programme has improved. Highlights ok

Couldn't really have got any worse from where it started. But it's still poor. It's the unloved stepchild of the mighty Match of the Day. The Sports Direct of sports shows. In short, it remains a pile of sh1te that we put up with to catch a few highlights of our beloved team. IMHO of course.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It doesn't matter. We don't need the acknowledgment of some pundits who have repeatedly gotten egg on their faces about our performance this season

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If all goes to plan then they will not be featuring/talking about us at all next season. :thumbsup:

spot on
only watched it once and then only the first few minutes, its absolute shite, mind you looking to next season it will be a good watch seeing BBC try to sideline us

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My favourite last night was that they showed a view of the Ayala offside decision from behind the goal which at the very least showed that it was a very tight call and Ayala might have been off. This was after they had all spent five minutes saying what a terrible decision it was and instead of admitting that it was closer than they thought, Riley said " but that's not the view the lines man sees..." :ffsparr:

I have found it slightly irritating that none of these well paid pundits have noticed what seems to be fairly obvious. Ayala was in an offside position at the point when the Brum defender raised, his arm, but he then stepped back to take on the shot. What the linesman got wrong was that this happened moments after the ball was played. At the point when the ball was played to him he was onside. The decision was wrong, but if you freeze the action at the point when the defender's arm goes up rather than when the ball is played, you can see how he made the mistake.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Agreed my opinion changed when I saw this and actually thought the lino got it right. But then again who cares. Opinions are like a holes, everybody's got one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I have found it slightly irritating that none of these well paid pundits have noticed what seems to be fairly obvious. Ayala was in an offside position at the point when the Brum defender raised, his arm, but he then stepped back to take on the shot. What the linesman got wrong was that this happened moments after the ball was played. At the point when the ball was played to him he was onside. The decision was wrong, but if you freeze the action at the point when the defender's arm goes up rather than when the ball is played, you can see how he made the mistake.
Agree up to a point in that Ayala was well off a fraction of a second after the ball was played; in addition I think the ball got a little touch off a defender which changed its direction and made it look as if the pass was made slightly after it actually was. Even so, I think that Ayala might have been off even from the original pass but without the view that the lino had it's v difficult to say.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here