Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the market for another Striker

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was pretty obvious on Saturday that playing with only one forward, a CMS type, left us extremely vulnerable defending set-pieces. It nearly cost us points.

Agreed, but a #9 would be an expensive way to get someone tall to help defend set pieces. Anyway, if Sami was that concerned about defending set pieces he could have played Ince (6'3") or O'Grady (6'1") from the start...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Agreed, but a #9 would be an expensive way to get someone tall to help defend set pieces. Anyway, if Sami was that concerned about defending set pieces he could have played Ince (6'3") or O'Grady (6'1") from the start...

I think after Saturday he should be concerned. Don't you?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France

Torres (6'1") is ready to leave Chelsea after his initial £50million move from Liverpool, Chelsea will have to pay £16million for Fernando Torres to leave Stamford Bridge as two years left on deal will earn him £150,000-a-week - perhaps a loan deal?

:D

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That article doesn't seem to say another stroker does it? Just another. We now have Gardener and we may get the Irish full back, we may even get others, but I can't see how this means we are getting a striker.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think after Saturday he should be concerned. Don't you?

Yes, I do! But the way I'd combat that would be to play Ince or (if it really has to be a #9, and I don't think it does) O'Grady, not by buying a classic, big, #9 when, apart from helping defend set pieces, nothing else he would bring would seem to fit into the way Sami wants to play. S'all...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I actually really like Tapatalk for using NSC, though I do seem to be in the minority.

I used to like it, but find it glitchy now, plus on my Nokia the opening post is on a separate page to the main thread, also no polls, vBet, embedding tweets is dodgy plus lots more that wionds me up.

But I agree that it's far better than browsing the normal site on a phone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, I do! But the way I'd combat that would be to play Ince or (if it really has to be a #9, and I don't think it does) O'Grady, not by buying a classic, big, #9 when, apart from helping defend set pieces, nothing else he would bring would seem to fit into the way Sami wants to play. S'all...

And ignore Ince's shortcomings just to attempt to win a couple of headers which incidentally he doesnt do very often despite being tall. Better bring back Murray to do it at both ends plus put the ball in the net regularly.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And ignore Ince's shortcomings just tl attempt to win a couple of headers which incidentally he doesnt do very often despite being tall. Better bring back Murray to do it at both ends plus put the ball in the net.

Personally, I think it's highly unlikely that Murray will be coming back. Let's suppose he was available at a price we were prepared to pay (both to Palace and personally) and that he actually wanted to return. Do you think he'd fit into the system that Sami seems to want to play?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Was a bit surprised Sami didn't react to the threat by bringing one of them on. We were lucky Bolton weren't good enough to capitalise.

If we continue with the weakness some other teams will.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I think it's highly unlikely that Murray will be coming back. Let's suppose he was available at a price we were prepared to pay (both to Palace and personally) and that he actually wanted to return. Do you think he'd fit into the system that Sami seems to want to play?

I think he could hold the front line as the target hold up man and allow CMS to drag the defenders all around their defensive area

Dec 29, 2011
Stefan Šćepović

Looks good, a little too good for us in fact.

"On 6 February 2014 Šćepović was bought by Sporting outright for a €1 million fee,[13] with the Serbian penning a contract until 2018.[14]"

Would be a quality addition but may cost £3m-£4m based on his transfer in February.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here