Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've worked this out. Once you eaten your pie your bag is not needed and disposed of. The same goes for [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] and this RELEGATION tracker, it's served it's purpose and is no longer necessary.

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
If you look at the tracker it does show why we should all calm down a little bit - We are 4 points ahead on the tracker and that gives us a little breathing space, but not much. In order to stay on the tracker we need to win five home games in a row later in the season and go on a run of only one defeat in eight games - when was the last time we won five home games on the trot in the top division? I suspect we have never done it. What we do have, is some winnable games before that (starting with Saturday) where we can build that buffer some more. I am thrilled with where we are, and if we can keep stretching that gap I might stop looking over our shoulders - but not yet!

Far too sensible for today's euphoria

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you look at the tracker it does show why we should all calm down a little bit - We are 4 points ahead on the tracker and that gives us a little breathing space, but not much. In order to stay on the tracker we need to win five home games in a row later in the season and go on a run of only one defeat in eight games - when was the last time we won five home games on the trot in the top division? I suspect we have never done it. What we do have, is some winnable games before that (starting with Saturday) where we can build that buffer some more. I am thrilled with where we are, and if we can keep stretching that gap I might stop looking over our shoulders - but not yet!

We should be realistic, but still room for getting excited. What the tracker doesn't show is there are 10 teams with less points than us. 7 of those teams are 9 points or more behind us. The tracker also tracks us to 40 points, I doubt that is going to be needed this season, the bottom 5 have less points than at this stage last season where 34 points would have been safe at the end.

As a Premier League team we have scored points at 1.15 per game. In context, over our remaining 23 games, we can probably score at 0.7 ppg and be safe. They'll be ups and downs to come, probably starting Saturday, but we are steadily improving. 21 points after 15 games is hell of a haul, and a huge buffer when you consider sides below us are struggling to get above 0.6 / 0.7 ppg.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We should be realistic, but still room for getting excited. What the tracker doesn't show is there are 10 teams with less points than us. 7 of those teams are 9 points or more behind us. The tracker also tracks us to 40 points, I doubt that is going to be needed this season, the bottom 5 have less points than at this stage last season where 34 points would have been safe at the end.

As a Premier League team we have scored points at 1.15 per game. In context, over our remaining 23 games, we can probably score at 0.7 ppg and be safe. They'll be ups and downs to come, probably starting Saturday, but we are steadily improving. 21 points after 15 games is hell of a haul, and a huge buffer when you consider sides below us are struggling to get above 0.6 / 0.7 ppg.

Exactly........there are several teams that are MILES behind on their equivalent trackers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Apologies for the delay, here it is.

Four points ahead due to the bonus win at Huddersfield.

Now back on track for Europe as well but it is a lot harder to predict where that line might be. This is based on what Burnley achieved last season in terms of points. My gut feel is that the relegation points needed will be lower than last year and Europe higher, but who knows.

AND who really cares. We beat Palace. Smash up. Lovely.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 15.png
    Fixtures Game 15.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 689
  • Graph Game 15.png
    Graph Game 15.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 692

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We are now 28/1 for relegation with 888.com.

Four teams are odds-on to go down, and there are another 3 with shorter odds than us.

The bookies are not concerned about us going down, clearly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As a sideshow, Palace are two points behind the relegation tracker. We need that gap to get bigger to send them down.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
On the tracker we are down to only get 2 points from the next possible 24! Although there are some tough games coming up hopefully we'll do slightly better and be further ahead of our target come the end of January. Regardless let's keep the faith and not wet the bed when the next poor run comes along.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After last night's result shares in tena products reduced 30%

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The predicted zeroes home and away to Burnley are there on the basis they finished 7th last season. Given they're currently languishing in 19th (and likely to get whopped by Liverpool tonight), surely we should re-evaluate our expectations - they're even getting beaten by small South London clubs, after all...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As a sideshow, Palace are two points behind the relegation tracker. We need that gap to get bigger to send them down.

As many have said I think we're looking at the bottom three having 32 points or less. Based on current form they are heading for 24 points! There also a team called Cry Palace that have dropped themselves just above the relegation area with an expectation of 30.4 points!

If it is 32 points we're on target for 53!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here