Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex in the sun

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
View attachment 96705

This is actually part of the countryside.

I always thought those pitches up Hollingbury Park had a tricky slope about them but that pic makes the Hollingbury pitches look like billiard tables.
That bush section for the right-back kicking left-to-right looks nasty, can't see which side the winger has gone - probably a good tactic to play two right backs and leave left-back vacant

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
When I drove down from Woodingdean the weekend before last the field above the Amex were yellow with rapeflower. As you drive down to Falmer the ever revealing AMEX was and is a superb sight and one that would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Wonderful sight........

TNBA

TTF

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to beat ours. But I recall going to Frankfurt’s in the World Cup 2006 and walking through a forest. Might look decent now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
View attachment 96704
The photo is a bit of a cheat as there are industrial buildings nearby but it is on the edge of a forrest.

Edit to add the pictures of the Amex in the sun from the poppey covered fields are unbeatable for me. Beautiful.

Just saw your post after mine. Snap.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
293b86d226c367162da3ea7593244b2d.jpg

A slightly different view of the Frankfurt stadium here. The view from the stadium back towards Frankfurt is pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The AMEX 15.11.2011

I just found this and thought I'd share

cyclocross 014.jpg

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I took this on the night of our last home game Vs Man Utd. What an evening that was!
71439b131fabf155bbe876b5d76a1c3b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
View attachment 96704
The photo is a bit of a cheat as there are industrial buildings nearby but it is on the edge of a forrest.

Edit to add the pictures of the Amex in the sun from the poppey covered fields are unbeatable for me. Beautiful.

My girlfriend's family lived in Frankfurt for a long time and her brother always talked about how cool it was to walk through the forest with thousands of people to the game and then suddenly you're at the stadium.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to remember the Amex isn't fit for purpose as the turnstiles are too low. Must be true as all the Palace fans were saying so last season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I always thought those pitches up Hollingbury Park had a tricky slope about them but that pic makes the Hollingbury pitches look like billiard tables.
That bush section for the right-back kicking left-to-right looks nasty, can't see which side the winger has gone - probably a good tactic to play two right backs and leave left-back vacant
That was my home pitch back when I was a Hollingbury Hawk, I played on the right, I simply couldn’t get a cross into the box if I was at the bottom of the slope :(

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was up at the farm shop opposite the ground today (jacket potatoes for tea tomorrow) and drove down to what I thought was just 100 yards of road only to find a complete little village tucked away there. Old church and pond, beautiful. From what I was told the village was cut in half and a school demolished to make way for the A27 dual carriageway. No wonder they didn't want a massive University right on their doorstep.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That was my home pitch back when I was a Hollingbury Hawk, I played on the right, I simply couldn’t get a cross into the box if I was at the bottom of the slope :(

Scored my first Sunday League goal on that pitch ------way back in late seventies.
We played against The Hawks regularly around that time.
A few of our players were mates with some of them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Scored my first Sunday League goal on that pitch ------way back in late seventies.
We played against The Hawks regularly around that time.
A few of our players were mates with some of them.

One of those pitches was also our home pitch in the late seventies. Played right back and it was a real bugger when the ball went out as the damn thing just kept rolling!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here