Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What a daft comment, people move jobs when better offers come up and when their current one is stale. You may be eternally happy in your job and love your employer but in the real world it is a rarity.

As it happens working 24/7 caring for my mrs is the most rewarding job I've had along with the worst pay.

Why such a daft comment? Footballers have tantrums to get their own way is exactly the same as a 6 yeast olds IMO. He wants to play in the prem? For starters try at least hitting the target from 12 yards.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why such a daft comment? Footballers have tantrums to get their own way is exactly the same as a 6 yeast olds IMO. He wants to play in the prem? For starters try at least hitting the target from 12 yards.

Come off it. He's the best striker we have at the club by a mile, and if he wasn't with us last season we'd have been nowhere near the play-offs.

If you're at the peak age of your career, and a far better offer comes in for you, but you're employer doesn't want you to leave then i'm sure the vast majority of people would be a bit pissed off, and perhaps mention that they want to move on. I would, and i'd say the majority on here who say otherwise would be lying.

Those saying 'sell for £x amount' will be the exact same people in 6 months time slating the new striker for not being as good.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As it happens working 24/7 caring for my mrs is the most rewarding job I've had along with the worst pay.

Your comment was "Does the precious little soldier want his mummy too? " That's a your daft comment.

What tantrum are you talking about ???

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
**** him. He goes when any club meets our valuation and if they don't then he stays and plays and honour his contract that he signed, If he throws a hissy fit then he can play with the kids and if he refuses then the **** can sit at home without pay.

If we were man city then fine but we are not and cannot afford what you are proposing. And who fills the void when we have turned our noses up at £7million and we have an uninterested and annoyed striker on our books?

I understand the sentiment behind what you are saying but that is not how footballers or agents act and behave and no amount of posturing from the albion will change that. Quite the opposite in fact it will severely impact our team morale.

Finally what message does it send out to other players thinking of coming here that we will not let them move on when a very substantial offer is laid on the table

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Come off it. He's the best striker we have at the club by a mile, and if he wasn't with us last season we'd have been nowhere near the play-offs.

If you're at the peak age of your career, and a far better offer comes in for you, but you're employer doesn't want you to leave then i'm sure the vast majority of people would be a bit pissed off, and perhaps mention that they want to move on. I would, and i'd say the majority on here who say otherwise would be lying.

Those saying 'sell for £x amount' will be the exact same people in 6 months time slating the new striker for not being as good.

There's a 50:50 chance he's the best striker at the club so not really such a huge accolade tbh.

He signed for 4 1/2 years after we pursued him for 2 years and then had to dick about waiting for his passport issues. Yes on his day he's fantastic, but if he was half as good as he thinks he is then he would have scored more goals including the penalty which is still in orbit.

Knowing he is coming into the peak of his career yet STILL signed a 4 1/2 year deal. Sorry, but its really poor to then want out 16 months after playing his first game for us.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Your comment was "Does the precious little soldier want his mummy too? " That's a your daft comment.

What tantrum are you talking about ???

And you talk about his dream turning into a nightmare, that's daft - really daft.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think he'll come a serious cropper in the Big Boys League. There were plenty Championship defenders who neutered him last season. Things can only get WORSE...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If you were a Liverpool fan, would you have said that about Suarez last summer?

Letting players go straight away is not always a good idea for the club.

it's all a matter of opinions, I'm not a Liverpool supporter, so that example is irrelevant. If we get offered £7m , bite their hands off imo....

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There's a 50:50 chance he's the best striker at the club so not really such a huge accolade tbh.

He signed for 4 1/2 years after we pursued him for 2 years and then had to dick about waiting for his passport issues. Yes on his day he's fantastic, but if he was half as good as he thinks he is then he would have scored more goals including the penalty which is still in orbit.

Knowing he is coming into the peak of his career yet STILL signed a 4 1/2 year deal. Sorry, but its really poor to then want out 16 months after playing his first game for us.

And if the club agreed to say an £8M offer but Ulloa said, "no, I'm staying at Brighton you'll have to honour my contract", then how would you feel?

Contracts are two sided and very little is said when clubs actively seek offers for players they want to get rid of.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A lot of toys leaving their prams here. You do realise this article is almost certainly completely bullshit? There's not a single bloody quote in it.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And if the club agreed to say an £8M offer but Ulloa said, "no, I'm staying at Brighton you'll have to honour my contract", then how would you feel?

Contracts are two sided and very little is said when clubs actively seek offers for players they want to get rid of.

Except I'm pretty sure that we don't want to get rid, unless it's for silly money which £10m is IMO.

D

Deleted member 22389

All the ****ing same these players. I used to actually get stressed when players said they wanted out, now I don't give a shit.
Players should take a leaf out of Calde's book. Happy where he is, loves the club, loves the area and probably knows life is not going to get any better than it is now.

Bottom line , 90% of the players want money. If we put 20k a week down on the table for Ulloa he would love the club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
6/7 m + Nugent
job done
thank you very much

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If he wants out sell him !
I wouldn't want ANY player at Brighton who's heart isn't in it.
If it's not true and he wants to stay then fine.
But I do believe this story does have some truth in it whichever way you want it to end up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here