Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women Talking

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My Mrs was chatting away on the phone to her sister for hours once. She then hung up and said she was off out. Ok I said, where are you off to? She replied, to my sisters, I haven't seen her this week.

WTF could they have left to talk about after a two hour phone call. And she only lives 5 mins away from us!! :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Worst offenders for chatting non-stop rubbish I've ever known are a couple of guys in my department. Team meetings with them present take hours as they literally don't shut up and when one finishes the other takes over. Basically they give a running commentary on their lives in real time.

On the rare occasions they are both off sick or on leave it is utter bliss.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The thing which amazes me is they even do it when they're hungover. There's been a few occasions when I've got the train from Brighton on a Sunday morning and there's been a group of women clearly on their way back from a hen weekend. They talk to each other at full volume, laughing about the weekend's festivities and complaining about how hungover they are. Contrast that to a group of blokes on their way back from a stag weekend. Silence, interrupted by the occasional grunt. There's no way I'm engaging in small talk when I'm hungover.

Quite. The blokes would only be talking once one suggested getting some cans for the journey.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
How strange. I have sat on a train where men haven't stopped talking. Especially ones with football supporters on.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Currently 1hr 35 minutes into a train journey.

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

How do women do this? If nothing else don’t their jaws get tired?

It all sounds more interesting than you to be honest, your'e welcome.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I speak to my daughter for hours on the phone, my son on the other hand thinks he has had a marathon call after 5 minutes. He claims that I am the only person that he talks with on the phone for longer than 30 seconds.

It is a great annoyance to us women that Virgin limit free calls on the package, to one hour. The call has to be timed, so that we can hang up and redial. :(

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
giphy (5).gif

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
It never ceases to amaze me how women phone each other up "for a chat". Never in all my days have I EVER picked up the phone to call a mate for a general chat, and if anyone I know ever did, I'd probably hang up. Like any normal man, I only use the phone when ABSOLUTELY necessary, and will avoid it if at all possible. Arrangements for pub/football etc can quite easily be done within half a dozen words in a text message. I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

Nail on head.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
My mum can talk endlessly to anyone- correction - at anyone

My wife less so - at least it is a conversation. However she doesnt understand the concept 9f doing nothing & fills my weekends with things to do - when sometimes i actually want to do nothing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Worst offenders for chatting non-stop rubbish I've ever known are a couple of guys in my department. Team meetings with them present take hours as they literally don't shut up and when one finishes the other takes over. Basically they give a running commentary on their lives in real time.

On the rare occasions they are both off sick or on leave it is utter bliss.

That story can also go into another thread. One about fromage, I believe.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
It never ceases to amaze me how women phone each other up "for a chat". Never in all my days have I EVER picked up the phone to call a mate for a general chat, and if anyone I know ever did, I'd probably hang up. Like any normal man, I only use the phone when ABSOLUTELY necessary, and will avoid it if at all possible. Arrangements for pub/football etc can quite easily be done within half a dozen words in a text message. I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

This.

My own mother, and her mother in turn, could blether for hours about nothing. Further, they liked watching 'Houseparty' on Southern Telly - Gran loved it when she came down from Edinburgh - which featured a load of women yakking about nothing. So not content with rabbiting on themselves, they'd sit in front of the tv watching other women doing it!

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Currently 1hr 35 minutes into a train journey.

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

How do women do this? If nothing else don’t their jaws get tired?

Just checked ...Wife is here...Thought she may be on your train.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This.

My own mother, and her mother in turn, could blether for hours about nothing. Further, they liked watching 'Houseparty' on Southern Telly - Gran loved it when she came down from Edinburgh - which featured a load of women yakking about nothing. So not content with rabbiting on themselves, they'd sit in front of the tv watching other women doing it!

Loose women!!!

The same programme.

el punal

Men v Women - on the phone.

Man (me) - phone up friend, "Still ok for football on Saturday?"
Friend's reply, "Yep, no problem. Usual train? See you on Saturday."

Length of call approximately 45 seconds

Woman (my wife, my sisters in law, my daughters) phone up anyone in the universe, "How are you?" , this is then followed by a verbal list of ailments, complaints, gossip, scandal, more gossip, children, grandchildren, even more gossip, how I am a complete lazy shit (referring to yours truly), blah! blah! Then the classic, "Well I'd better go then, bye, bye, bye, bye, - oh, another thing, did you hear about . . . . "

Length of call - never, ever, less than 45 minutes and counting. Then the person who was on the other end of the line arrives - "Well, as I was passing I thought I'd pop in for a chat!"

Aaaaarrggh!!! :eek:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
After about 15 minutes when she’s on the phone I can’t stop myself mimicking....yeh, no, but, she turned round and said, exaggerated laughter, oh she’s lovely, the cow etc, etc

Cause endless rows and .. well all I get from you are one word answers!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here