Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An appeal to the club to change their Twitter handle

1066gull

I firmly believe the word 'Official' should be dropped.

I also strongly urge the user who has the rights to [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] to do the honourable thing and donate it to the club, but their are avenues the club can pursue to legitimately claim the handle that rightfully belongs to the club. Why do I believe strongly in this? Because the user who is using [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] is deliberately squatting on the clubs image rights to gerrymander followers and likes for something that does not belong to them.

I also feel like no company should be forced to use unnecessary phrases to circumvent this problem. The name BHAFC belongs to the club and they should be the ultimate decision makers over who has the rights to this handle.

Other clubs across the world rightfully use their own titles for their own social media profiles. Twitter is a powerful social tool for any club and I have seen the club advertise their Twitter handle throughout their marketing; inside the stadium, programmes, club website and more. More importantly, Twitter is used as a reliable reference tool for news outlets. If the club was to drop the word 'Official', it would make it far more convenient for social post engagement as well as looking aesthetically pleasing.

I would like to give you some examples where other clubs have claimed their titles for their social profile on Twitter;

Barcelona - @FCB
Liverpool - [MENTION=21338]lfc[/MENTION]
Leicester City - [MENTION=21604]LCFC[/MENTION]
Chelsea - [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC

And just to add insult to my argument, Crystal Palace use [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]

Please stop this nonsense and let the club have the rightful ownership of [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] so they can drop the unnecessary @OfficialBHAFC

Here are some recent success stories where other companies have been successful in claiming the rights to their name.

http://blog.testlio.com/post/claiming-a-twitter-username-thats-already-been-taken

Tesco also used to use @UKTesco before they finally moved to @Tesco. Can the club do the same please.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
What about Burgess Hill Albion Football Club, whose official website is BHAFC.com? Perhaps [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] should be offered to them rather than to B&HAFC.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
not really up there with the pressing issues of the day

But twice today I've seen the word gerrymandering used in this board.

Strance coincidence or transparent plagiarism?

Twice? That's nothing. I've now seen it three times in 24 hours. Proof, if proof were needed of a conspiracy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The name BHAFC belongs to the club and they should be the ultimate decision makers over who has the rights to this handle.

Hate to break it to you but BHAFC doesn't belong to the club - it's not even the clubs trading name. First world problems eh ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with the op. The Twitter account which poses as the club is annoying and people often confuse it for the official feed. Twitter is unimportant to many people, but it shouldn't be disregarded as lots of people gain information from it these days.

not really up there with the pressing issues of the day

But twice today I've seen the word gerrymandering used in this board.

Strance coincidence or transparent plagiarism?

It's not even a correct use of the term "gerrymander", which means to manipulate the boundaries of an electoral constituency to favour one party over another.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I firmly believe the word 'Official' should be dropped.

I also strongly urge the user who has the rights to [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] to do the honourable thing and donate it to the club, but their are avenues the club can pursue to legitimately claim the handle that rightfully belongs to the club. Why do I believe strongly in this? Because the user who is using [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] is deliberately squatting on the clubs image rights to gerrymander followers and likes for something that does not belong to them.

I also feel like no company should be forced to use unnecessary phrases to circumvent this problem. The name BHAFC belongs to the club and they should be the ultimate decision makers over who has the rights to this handle.

Other clubs across the world rightfully use their own titles for their own social media profiles. Twitter is a powerful social tool for any club and I have seen the club advertise their Twitter handle throughout their marketing; inside the stadium, programmes, club website and more. More importantly, Twitter is used as a reliable reference tool for news outlets. If the club was to drop the word 'Official', it would make it far more convenient for social post engagement as well as looking aesthetically pleasing.

I would like to give you some examples where other clubs have claimed their titles for their social profile on Twitter;

Barcelona - @FCB
Liverpool - [MENTION=21338]lfc[/MENTION]
Leicester City - [MENTION=21604]LCFC[/MENTION]
Chelsea - [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC

And just to add insult to my argument, Crystal Palace use [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]

Please stop this nonsense and let the club have the rightful ownership of [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] so they can drop the unnecessary @OfficialBHAFC

Here are some recent success stories where other companies have been successful in claiming the rights to their name.

http://blog.testlio.com/post/claiming-a-twitter-username-thats-already-been-taken

Tesco also used to use @UKTesco before they finally moved to @Tesco. Can the club do the same please.

I find it odd that so many people don't seem to know that the blue tick means it's an official account anyway so it is weird that the unofficial one using the bhafc handle has so many followers.

That link you posted though clearly states that the handle that is being claimed must be inactive which it isn't.
the bhafc account does clearly state in the bio that the official club Twitter page is the Officialbhafc one though

image.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here