Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done UKIP.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
especially your family who are(mock) offended at my username

My family take their religion quite serously. I dont actually agree with them on most of it, but parodyng the name of their
religion, id probably avoid, out of respect.

Any news on the construction of pastafarian yet. How did that name come about?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry Doug, but you are making quantum leaps there.

The people have expressed their dissatisfaction with the way things are. They have not been voting on the whole concept of Europe.

There was a poll on the TV the other day asking people why they voted as they do. 25% said Don't Know.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
France put even more money into Europe than we do! The subsidy they receive for agriculture is way below their contributions. It is utterly ridiculous to suggest they would suffer impoverishment if they withdrew from Europe.

EU was supposed to bring greater economic equality across Europe, this was supposed to happen by Nations like Germany, France and ourselves dragging the rest up, I am for that. What is happening is that the rest are dragging us down, I am against that.
I do not mind contributions made to EU, I am in favour of much that EU has achieved. But it keeps growing, and every new member is a beneficiary, not a contributor.
Our contribution keeps going, up as it is based on population, which is rising quickly because of immigration, but the migrants are mostly getting low paid work and forcing medium paying manual labour work down. Often a proportion of the money earned by a migrant worker here is sent back to family in the home country, which is more cash leaving our economy.

If France and England were to withdraw, the EU would be short of about 10Bn Euros net. This would be a disaster for the EU, it can't be allowed to happen, so the EU must wind its neck in a bit and make some concessions on the things that are pissing off the populations of the contributor countries, or it will die.
For Britain, we need to be able to refuse working rights to the newer member states peoples, until such time that their economies have risen to a level where the disparity is not so great. For France, I suspect the Euro may be a bigger problem.

I know France are also net contributors. But the point I was trying to make is that the insane and wasteful system of agricultural subsidy the entire EU has run for many years is mainly there to suit French farmers. And so, if France were to even think of leaving the EU - the county as a whole would not wear it I suspect. It's not that the whole country would suffer impoverishment, but many sectors and regions might unless the French government was ready to make up the shortfall. And given that, like the UK, public spending is tighter than ever in France - that's a big if.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
On the downside the Greens gained a seat.

Green Party whose main policies are protecting the planet and the redistribution of income...

Obviously it's debatable how to go about achieving this but they are worthy causes that should be represented are they not?

Jan 30, 2008
Green Party whose main policies are protecting the planet and the redistribution of income...

Obviously it's debatable how to go about achieving this but they are worthy causes that should be represented are they not?
yep, that 20mph speed limit in Brighton's working really well :facepalm:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

The basic manifesto is admiral I agree, but the redistribution of road space,speeds in Brighton is not in proportion to the number of users and has little or no impact on protecting the planet or the redistribution of income.
If they stuck to they're main principles and not meddle too far down the scale doing thing that have little or no impact then I could support them

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My family take their religion quite serously. I dont actually agree with them on most of it, but parodyng the name of their
religion, id probably avoid, out of respect.

Any news on the construction of pastafarian yet. How did that name come about?

How come after being a member since 2009, have you suddenly become so upset about another persons username. Is it because after the last couple of weeks of flinging insults around, and thinking that UKIP had no chance, you are disappointed and so feel the need to deflect a thread titled "Well Done UKIP.
I would imagine that there are more people that actually live here that are more affected and gutted than you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here