Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds like it was all part of the same event (I misspoke, it was the CALVERT Gallery, btw). Did you come across a guy called Alexei Monroe at the conference, he gave a very illuminating talk on Laibach and German culture as part of last week's Kraftwerk thing. Time to renew acquaintance with the band when they play at Concorde 2, I think - I believe they are also playing Berlin?

I'm struggling to remember the names. The two talks I saw was one from a guy who wrote an academic paper on the NSK, and then an interview with one of the founder members. It was fascinating though; I remember this. And the explanations for the various things they did was interesting. Yes, they're playing an indoor mini-festival here at the end of March. I'm weighing up whether to go.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Solstafir were simply brilliant last night. A reasonable crowd in although they really deserved to have more punters through the door. Hopefully they enjoyed it enough to come back again.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
TGE intial list is out

1987 / 36? / ACOLLECTIVE / ADAM FRENCH / ADMIRAL FALLOW / AK/DK / ALABAMA SHAKES / ALL TVVINS / ALO WALA / ANDREA BALENCY / ANDY SHAUF / APES / APRIL TOWERS / AQUILO / AURORA / AWESOME TAPES FROM AFRICA / BAD BREEDING / BAD//DREEMS / BANOFFEE / BELLA FIGURA / BLACK HONEY / BLACK PEAKS / BOOTHROYD / BULLY / C.A.R. / CAIROBI / CHARLES HOWL / CHARLIE STRAW / CHELOU / CHOIR OF YOUNG BELIEVERS / CLARENCE CLARITY / CLOSE TALKER / COSMO SHELDRAKE / CREEPER / CREEPOID / DAN BODAN / DARK MOON / DEMOB HAPPY / DJANGO DJANGO / DUTCH UNCLES / ELDER ISLAND / EWERT AND THE TWO DRAGONS / FANTASMA / FISMOLL / FLO MORRISSEY / FLYYING COLOURS / FOREVER PAVOT / FORMATION / FRASER A GORMAN / FREDDIE DICKSON & THE GUARD / FROM INDIAN LAKES / GABRIELLE PAPILLON / GENGAHR / GIRL BAND / GROENLAND / H.HAWKLINE / HÆLOS / HAPPYNESS / HONNE / HUMAN HAIR / IBEYI / IVY & GOLD / JACK GARRATT / JAGAARA / JASMINE THOMPSON / JORDAN KLASSEN / JP COOPER / KAGOULE / KEVIN DEVINE / KIKO BUN / KLAUS JOHANN GROBE / LAKE MALAWAI / LAPSLEY / LAURA DOGGETT / LAZYTALK / LE GALAXIE / LEE BAINS III & THE GLORY FIRES / LES BIG BYRD / LIFE / LITTLE MARY / LITTLE SIMZ / LOUIS BERRY / LOUIS MTTRS / LOW ROAR / LOYLE CARNER / LUBOMYR MELNYK / MAPEI / MEAT WAVE / MENACE BEACH / MONICA HELDAL / MOUMOON / MT WOLF / MY BABY / NICK BREWER / OCEAÁN / ORLA GARTLAND / OSCA / OSCAR & THE WOLF / PASSEPIED / PIERCE BROTHERS / PINS / POPSTRANGERS / PRETTY VICIOUS / PROM / RAG N BONE MAN / RAT BOY / REAL LIES / REMI / ROLLS BAYCE / SAINT MOTEL / SASKWATCH / SEINABO SEY / SHELTER POINT / SILENCES / SINGLE MOTHERS / SLAVES / SOAK / SONGHOY BLUES / SUNSET SONS / SWAY CLARKE II / TEI SHI / THABO & THE REAL DEAL / THE BOHICAS / THE GARDEN / THE HEARTS / THE LYTICS / THE MAGIC GANG / THE MERRYLEES / THE PICTUREBOOKS / THE RIPTIDE MOVEMENT / THE ST PIERRE SNAKE INVASION / THE YOUNG BENJAMINS / THIS BE THE VERSE / THOMSTON / THE THURSTON MOORE BAND / TOBIAS JESSO JR / TOPS / TOR MILLER / TURBOWOLF / TWERPS / TWIN WILD / USA NAILS / VÉRITÉ / VILDE TUV / VODUN / VOGUE DOTS / WALKING ON CARS / WARD THOMAS / YAK / YOSI HORIKAWA / ZUN ZUN EGUI

Discussion thread here - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?317383-The-Great-Escape-Intial-Line-Up-Announcement

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Now, I'm a huge fan of David Bowie, and my one big regret is that I wasn't old enough to see him live in the 70s.

But...on Sky Arts right now they are showing him performing live in Australia on the Glass Spider tour in 1987. Horrible. The choreography, the 80s drum sound...David seems to have forgotten how cool he was.

Heroes has just started, and already sounds shit compared to what he released (the same song, allegedly) ten years previously.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now, I'm a huge fan of David Bowie, and my one big regret is that I wasn't old enough to see him live in the 70s.

But...on Sky Arts right now they are showing him performing live in Australia on the Glass Spider tour in 1987. Horrible. The choreography, the 80s drum sound...David seems to have forgotten how cool he was.

Heroes has just started, and already sounds shit compared to what he released (the same song, allegedly) ten years previously.

He did a famous gig at the Berlin Wall on this tour. It would appear the East Germans were fortunate the wall was up and they couldn't go.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Like several others on here I saw him at Wembley on the Glass Spider Tour.

Not sure why anyone would want to re-live the experience.

Yes, I see where you are coming from.

But I loved Bowie when I was young, and then didn't. Seeing that he was on, and being off work feeling lousy, and forgetting that this tour was what it was, I thought I'd kill a couple of hours watching him.

It was, shall we say, interesting to be reminded what turned me against him.

Off to see The Flies this friday, (Sean Cook ex Spiritulized and various other Bristol muso bods)
Morrissey in March, Cardiff
Nick Cave in Barcelona in May
All Tomorrows Parties festival in Iceland in July (can't bloody wait)

It's looking like a good year. Im also thinking of getting Great Escape tickets and haven a music weekend in Brighton, lots of people on here have given it a good write up in the past.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Wonk Unit @ the Albert last Friday were brilliant as usual

Next up
Mariachi El Bronx @ Komedia 16th Feb
Off with Their Heads @ Underworld 7th May
AC/DC @ Wembley July

TBC in May - Direct Hit!, - London

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
All Tomorrows Parties festival in Iceland in July (can't bloody wait)

I would have loved to but I'm not brave enough to cope with the drama of the inevitable reschedule or cancellation. I reckon ATP are just existing as some indie-rock ponzi scheme. I suspect the Jabberwocky money that I got back 3 months after that event was cancelled was the money that you guys paid for this.

I desperately want to be wrong but the ATP warning signs have been around for some time now. they've had their last penny from me.

http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/feature-tomorrows-world.html

I would have loved to but I'm not brave enough to cope with the drama of the inevitable reschedule or cancellation. I reckon ATP are just existing as some indie-rock ponzi scheme. I suspect the Jabberwocky money that I got back 3 months after that event was cancelled was the money that you guys paid for this.

I desperately want to be wrong but the ATP warning signs have been around for some time now. they've had their last penny from me.

http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/feature-tomorrows-world.html

Brilliant :-(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This band hail from Vegas and as you can see played The Albert last year and shot their new video on the Sussex coast line aswell they are back in July they play Blues influenced Rockabilly.

[yt]nweOXjTj9qc[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here