Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Zamora signs tommorow...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand the argument that the fans would expect Bobby now to perform like Bobby of 12 years ago. There was a lot of talk about Joe Cole signing for the Albion a few weeks ago, but nobody was expecting him to perform like the Joe Cole of 12 years ago, so what's the difference?

In terms of where Bobby's career is and what we need from our squad there is overlap, and if he doesn't sign with us I suspect it will be for another Championship promotion contender.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't understand the argument that the fans would expect Bobby now to perform like Bobby of 12 years ago. There was a lot of talk about Joe Cole signing for the Albion a few weeks ago, but nobody was expecting him to perform like the Joe Cole of 12 years ago, so what's the difference?

In terms of where Bobby's career is and what we need from our squad there is overlap, and if he doesn't sign with us I suspect it will be for another Championship promotion contender.

Wise words Pav :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Zamora signs on the same day as they reveal the new kit you can guarantee l'd eat my hat,

In fact if Zamora signs at all l'd eat my hat.

Lets just leave Bobby where he is, in our heads, in the past, and as an absolute legend. Remember what happened to Micky Adams second time around?

But the guy just scored the winner at Wembley to get QPR back into the Prem, he can still do stuff at the level we're at?! As for clubs legends not working out second time around, that wasn't the case with Ian Rush's return to Liverpool after Juventus, or Scholes coming out of retirement for Man Utd, or Thierry Henry returning to Arsenal.

Furthermore, Dean Hammond's return went OK and Andrew Croft's was working out well before his injury, and when a return of Elliott Bennett ever gets mentioned I don't see anyone trot out the "never go back" argument there.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
...it would disprove evolution.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But the guy just scored the winner at Wembley to get QPR back into the Prem, he can still do stuff at the level we're at?! As for clubs legends not working out second time around, that wasn't the case with Ian Rush's return to Liverpool after Juventus, or Scholes coming out of retirement for Man Utd, or Thierry Henry returning to Arsenal.

Furthermore, Dean Hammond's return went OK and Andrew Croft's was working out well before his injury, and when a return of Elliott Bennett ever gets mentioned I don't see anyone trot out the "never go back" argument there.

Yeah agreed, Bobby scored the winner in the Play-Off final at Wembley, but what else did he do last season? Yes Ian Rush did well enough second time around at Liverpool, as did Paul Scholes at Man United. Thierry Henry's return to Arsenal was brief in the extreme though, and as for Dean Hammond, did he really do that well for us that season he was on loan?, much better the first time round l reckon.

My point, is that when Bobby Zee was with us back in the early noughties he was phenomenally successful, and if he were to come back now, when he is well past his best, and not deliver goals in the same way that he did before, people would remember him for all the wrong reasons. Everyone has their time, and Bobby's time at the Albion was 2000/2003.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
QUOTE=Marshy;6428157]he looked like he enjoyed it when he scored the winner at wembley....again[/QUOTE]
Oscar seemed to enjoy the Forest win as well:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he would be a good squad player but some will say his wages would be too high but as I have said previously that is not a supporters concern.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Could replace Hoskins in the injured striker role :lolol:

Seriously, it's 3 years too late for us now.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
An absolute Albion legend, but it would be a bonkers signing now.

He has been on the slide every year and started only SEVEN times for QPR last season.

It would be a painful swansong for both BZ and the fans.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Bobby scored the winner in the Play-Off final at Wembley, but what else did he do last season?

He has been on the slide every year and started only SEVEN times for QPR last season
If you can be bothered, take a look at the highlights from the Forest game and the 2nd leg against Wigan. Him coming back from injury was like signing a new player. So up for it and an absolute game changer. Apparently including loanees, some of whom we were expected to sign, we let 15 go today and he's not one of them as we're in discussions with Bobby over a new deal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
QPR have announced today that Bobby Z is one of the out-of-contract players they're talking to about a new deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here