Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ever thought about becoming a scout? As CLEARLY you know everything.

Dismissing players after 3 games.

I don't know why everyone is saying we should've got Janssen on loan, he's shit, didn't he score something like one goal from open play last season?

He might well be shit, but it's another option, which we couldn't get as we wasted our loan signing. It's more the principle rather than the player himself.

I refer to my previous point, if you didn't judge Leon Best, Chuba Akpom or Billy Painter as shit after 3 league games then you can have a free pass, but I highly doubt that.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
He might well be shit, but it's another option, which we couldn't get as we wasted our loan signing.

I refer to my previous point, if you didn't judge Leon Best, Chuba Akpom or Billy Painter as shit after 3 league games then you can have a free pass, but I highly doubt that.

I judged Leon Best before he got here, as I knew he'd be a useless sack of over paid shite.

So much so I bet someone 100 quid that he wouldn't score and was duly proved correct.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No. You're doing what is necessary, as you said.

It is ABSOLUTELY necessary for him to be criticised after a clean sheet. I'm just glad we have someone willing to step up and do it on our behalf.

thank you.

I could have sat in goal agaisnt Watford, had a cup of tea, and fapped over Jesscia Alba and still kept a clean sheet :blush:, he had zilch to do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I refer to my previous point, if you didn't judge Leon Best, Chuba Akpom or Billy Painter as shit after 3 seconds then you can have a free pass, but I highly doubt that.

Fixed for you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At £5m I was hoping Ryan would be a huge upgrade on David Stockdale, from the little I've seen so far he isn't, which makes it kind of puzzling why we didn't keep hold of Stockdale. I think this is where some of the frustration with Ryan comes from. Still it's early days and Stockers couldn't catch a cold when he first arrived, I'm sure Ryan will improve and show why we went for him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
At £5m I was hoping Ryan would be a huge upgrade on David Stockdale, from the little I've seen so far he isn't, which makes it kind of puzzling why we didn't keep hold of Stockdale. I think this is where some of the frustration with Ryan comes from. Still it's early days and Stockers couldn't catch a cold when he first arrived, I'm sure Ryan will improve and show why we went for him.

Isn't Stockdale on 90k a week at Birmingham?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you really think Ryan is 1.84? Think those measurements are very forgiving.

I have seen Ryan standing next to Ben Roberts, when warming up. I couldn't even see the 1cm difference, so why would anyone lie about both men's heights?

You're just digging yourself in deeper, in a desperate attempt to be right.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I have emailed PB in the past.

Doesn't take a degree in sports science to realise the bloke is average at best for the Premier League.

I'm sure you didn't judge Leon Best after 3 games?

Er I think that was pretty obvious to anyone who has ever played or watched the game about Leon Best. But Ryan is an International Keeper (The Number 1) and lots of his fellow professionals also think he is a quality keeper so, I think the guy deserves a little longer than 3 tough starting games before you a bang average fan call him bang a average keeper.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What isn't true about my post?

You can definitively judge a keeper after 3 appearances in a new league and country for him?

Seem to remember David De Gea had a massively shaky start when he first arrived. I suspect there were MU fans who posted exactly the same...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
You can definitively judge a keeper after 3 appearances in a new league and country for him?

Seem to remember David De Gea had a massively shaky start when he first arrived. I suspect there were MU fans who posted exactly the same...

I can only think of 4 Premier League keepers Ryan is better than.

Hennessy
Elliott
Lossl
Heaton

Any others and it's a push, comes back to my point. Average.

People judged Gonzalez after 1

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can only think of 4 Premier League keepers Ryan is better than.

Hennessy
Elliott
Lossl
Heaton

Any others and it's a push, comes back to my point. Average.

People judged Gonzalez after 1

I'm not really arguing who he might or not be better than, simply because I couldn't judge a player after 3 appearances for a new team in a new country for the first time.

You keep making your lists, I'll keep my fingers crossed he'll come good. First few games are a worry, I'm not disputing that, but all I'd say is give the guy a chance.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm not really arguing who he might or not be better than, simply because I couldn't judge a player after 3 appearances for a new team in a new country for the first time.

You keep making your lists, I'll keep my fingers crossed he'll come good. First few games are a worry, I'm not disputing that, but all I'd say is give the guy a chance.

Of course I want him to do well, but being sad I watched highlights of Australia the other day, and he wasn't good again, panicked and got a yellow card.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could have sat in goal agaisnt Watford, had a cup of tea, and fapped over Jesscia Alba and still kept a clean sheet :blush:, he had zilch to do.

Always a funny comment.

Had you been in goal v Watford the Albion would have lost by a cricket score.
Just because Ryan didn't tip a top corner thunder******* over the bar, or for that matter fumble a corner, doesn't mean he had an easy day.
It certainly doesn't mean you would have been as successful.

Sure he had an easier game, just not 'any nimrod off the street could do it', easy.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Always a funny comment.

Had you been in goal v Watford the Albion would have lost by a cricket score.
Just because Ryan didn't tip a top corner thunder******* over the bar, or for that matter fumble a corner, doesn't mean he had an easy day.
It certainly doesn't mean you would have been as successful.

Sure he had an easier game, just not 'any nimrod off the street could do it', easy.

I confess I have played a half decent standard of football as a goalkeeper. It's a shame we haven't got a time machine for me to go in goal and prove you wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here