Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever done better with less talent than Vinnie Jones?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Will be in the new Kingsman film due out shortly.

Re-unites with Matthew Vaughan from Lock, Stock

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The answer is quite obviously Tim Lovejoy. And before anyway mentions all the other threads lambasting Lovejoy's stain on modern football, I say this.....good for you, never forget.

Never forget how Lovejoy helped launch the football 'coolness campaign' in which our smashing and seriously 'uncool' game - quite happily left to its own devices for a century - suddenly became the darling of celebs and posh twits. And became very expensive.

Never forget how he smugly promoted his own apathy and 'coolness' at the sacrifice of any real talent or knowledge.

Never forget how, as taxpayers, we paid his salary when he joined that bloody awful BBC weekend show.

Never forget how he is now an 'expert' panellist for BT Sport....

Yes I think we could all go on...and on....and on ad nauseum......

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Jason Statham wins the accolade for me. One of the worst actors on the planet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tim Lovejoy, Anthea Turner, the crap actor who plays Charlie in Casualty and gets 400k a year for it, untold numbers of boy band members, the prick who runs Southern Rail.

A pox on all of these talentless tw4ts absolutely stealing a living.

Absolutely laughable that Beckham got a mention on this thread. The nomination of an idiot.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Jones was very fortunate to be around when Guy Ritchie was doing his thing, managed to very much fit in with the whole East End gangster thing. To be fair he worked the angle well and seized the opportunity.

As for Lovejoy, if you've never read it the WSC review of his book is up there with Shakespeare in my eyes. Here's the link

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jones was very fortunate to be around when Guy Ritchie was doing his thing, managed to very much fit in with the whole East End gangster thing. To be fair he worked the angle well and seized the opportunity.

As for Lovejoy, if you've never read it the WSC review of his book is up there with Shakespeare in my eyes. Here's the link
Thats a quality read :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The answer is .... Bez.

Bez.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kevin Keegan. Ordinary player, clueless pundit, hopeless league manager, joke of an England manager.

The man who put the second to fourth letters in Scunthorpe.

'I'd love to be a mole on the wall in that dressing room'
'There'll be no sistas in Spain tonight. Only fiestas'.

And the perm. :facepalm:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Piers Morgan, the Kardashian bunch.

Are you just listing people you don't like? No argument with the Kardashians but Blair was an extremely savvy political navigator that won three back to back general elections and Piers Morgan was the editor of a daily red top in his mid 20's. You may not like them, but talentless they clearly are not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme. Both totally unwatchable for me

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Are you just listing people you don't like? No argument with the Kardashians but Blair was an extremely savvy political navigator that won three back to back general elections and Piers Morgan was the editor of a daily red top in his mid 20's. You may not like them, but talentless they clearly are not.

As much as I dislike many politicians it's tricky to argue that they aren't talented, David Cameron excelled at school and at Oxford (you can obviously cite his privileged education but you still need to pass the exams). Blair was an acute political operator. I am no fan of both but they aren't idiots.

Likewise Piers Morgan, again, no great fan but he was the editor at NOTW before he was 30. He obviously had a lot of talent, perhaps within a field I'm not much a fan of but either way...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think that Vinnie is a pretty good call on this. But at least he could play football (sort of) and could act (sort of) and put in some effort into both activities. If you want to go to the ultimate in the 'talentless but hugely over-rewarded league' I think you need to start looking at folk who don't have to do anything but be born to enjoy disproportionate rewards. And you could start by looking at our very own Royal Family? If they have talent it is incidental to their role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here