Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Staggering how the narrative has shifted from "they need us more than we need them so a trade deal is inevitable" to "they are protecting themselves and not letting us have our cake and eat it which proves we are right to leave"

At what point will people realise they have been sold a pup. Another fun you gov poll out which shows that leave voters are considerably more likely to believe conspiracy theories. Who would have thought it?

Quite. As I've said before even the chest-puffed out swagger of the loudest Brexiteers on this thread has dissipated over the past few weeks as the reality of this mess, and the utter cluelessness of those who are leading things, sets in.

D

Deleted member 22389

Quite. As I've said before even the chest-puffed out swagger of the loudest Brexiteers on this thread has dissipated over the past few weeks as the reality of this mess, and the utter cluelessness of those who are leading things, sets in.

The reason people don't post here anymore is because they are bored, bored with going over the same old stuff over and over again. Honestly in the end it just becomes a waste of energy and time. We haven't fallen over the cliff edge, and it's certainly not the chaos Remainers predicted either, so really there isn't anything else to say on the matter. Discussions will continue and in the meantime we continue with our life. Some Remainers will keep taking every small sound bite they can find, and twist in to something bigger. Remember we had months of it from our EU loving politicians, so we know the games and it doesn't work anymore.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The reason people don't post here anymore is because they are bored, bored with going over the same old stuff over and over again. Honestly in the end it just becomes a waste of energy and time. We haven't fallen over the cliff edge, and it's certainly not the chaos Remainers predicted either, so really there isn't anything else to say on the matter. Discussions will continue and in the meantime we continue with our life.

But the same posters are posting, almost day in day out. They're all here still. And by David Davis' own words it is chaos. He himself predicted that we would by now be in the middle of trade talks with all our favoured partners. “We can negotiate a free trade area twice the size of the EU. Deals with the US and China alone will give us a trade area almost twice the size of the EU – and of course, we will also be seeking deals with many others,” He claimed that these would be all in place before the date of Brexit itself. In reality, we have not even begun substantive talks with the EU and in some ways they look further off than they did a week ago. I'm judging David Davis by his own self-suggested metrics.

Jan 30, 2008
But the same posters are posting, almost day in day out. They're all here still. And by David Davis' own words it is chaos. He himself predicted that we would by now be in the middle of trade talks with all our favoured partners. “We can negotiate a free trade area twice the size of the EU. Deals with the US and China alone will give us a trade area almost twice the size of the EU – and of course, we will also be seeking deals with many others,” He claimed that these would be all in place before the date of Brexit itself. In reality, we have not even begun substantive talks with the EU and in some ways they look further off than they did a week ago. I'm judging David Davis by his own self-suggested metrics.
THE RESULT WAS FOR LEAVE , that's what's happening, GET OVER IT STOP GRIZZLING AND HAVE A CRAFT BEER :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I seem to remember you being mildly perturbed that a Tory win at the last GE would be presented as a mandate for 'hard' Brexit despite people voting for numerous reasons ... trying to have your cake and eat it?
I was comparing Mrs May's strategy of calling a second Brexit-based election just months after the last one with suggestions from elsewhere for a second referendum. I will always support the principle of a GE over a referendum though, except in exceptional circumstances. The fact that membership of the EU isn't one of them was emphasised for me yesterday by an old friend. He explained that he and his wife voted Leave because they thought they were being asked about immigration. As he said, he knows nothing about the subject but after reading an article in a complementary copy of the Mail they thought they'd cast their vote against. He regrets it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was comparing Mrs May's strategy of calling a second Brexit-based election just months after the last one with suggestions from elsewhere for a second referendum. I will always support the principle of a GE over a referendum though, except in exceptional circumstances. The fact that membership of the EU isn't one of them was emphasised for me yesterday by an old friend. He explained that he and his wife voted Leave because they thought they were being asked about immigration. As he said, he knows nothing about the subject but after reading an article in a complementary copy of the Mail they thought they'd cast their vote against. He regrets it.

Ok ok, I have scribbled those two off the Leave vote and put them on to Remain.

Leave 17 410 740 Remain 16 141 243 can't be fairer than that .............................

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Staggering how the narrative has shifted from "they need us more than we need them so a trade deal is inevitable" to "they are protecting themselves and not letting us have our cake and eat it which proves we are right to leave"

At what point will people realise they have been sold a pup. Another fun you gov poll out which shows that leave voters are considerably more likely to believe conspiracy theories. Who would have thought it?

Do you seriously think that no-one on here works for YouGov?Sounds more like a survey for YouTwat!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Really surprised nobody has helped the remainers peace of mind by telling them about EHIC.They were all terribly worried about our poor pensioners getting healthcare in Europe after Brexit,but now they can sleep easily,it's all sorted!:kiss:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ok ok, I have scribbled those two off the Leave vote and put them on to Remain.

Leave 17 410 740 Remain 16 141 243 can't be fairer than that .............................

Good point well made. Unfortunately they represent 10 per cent of the Leave voters I know. Extrapolating forward that means over 1.7m fewer people voting Leave and a resounding victory for Remain. Hurrah!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One political party will remain in the EU, one wants a soft brexit that is more or less staying in the EU and one is a bit all over the place but is fumbling its way to a brexit of some sort. All to play for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One political party will remain in the EU, one wants a soft brexit that is more or less staying in the EU and one is a bit all over the place but is fumbling its way to a brexit of some sort. All to play for.

.....and if Brexit can be delayed until after the next election (which is highly likely given the chaotic approach of the Tories) soft it will be. With this in mind we should encourage the Tories clueless, amateur, woeful and shambolic tactics.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Sunday Times headline tomorrow is May secretly agrees £50bn Brexit bill. Only £50bn. A few pounds more than free. Negotiations going well then. How is she and the merry camp of Brexiteers going to fumble their way out of this one?. Perhaps she has got free access to the single market with no free labour movement cough or perhaps she is getting fully outmaneuvered. At least we are negotiating to our timeline and priorities cough

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Sunday Times headline tomorrow is May secretly agrees £50bn Brexit bill. Only £50bn. A few pounds more than free. Negotiations going well then. How is she and the merry camp of Brexiteers going to fumble their way out of this one?. Perhaps she has got free access to the single market with no free labour movement cough or perhaps she is getting fully outmaneuvered. At least we are negotiating to our timeline and priorities cough

Think you've misread mate. I clearly remember hearing the Brexiteers telling us the EU needs the UK as the UK buys German cars and that ghastly Prosecco and the UK can have our cake and eat it. So why would the UK be needing to pay them anything?

#RemainersCalledItCorrectly

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Good point well made. Unfortunately they represent 10 per cent of the Leave voters I know. Extrapolating forward that means over 1.7m fewer people voting Leave and a resounding victory for Remain. Hurrah!
It's a load of tosh this "I didn't know what I was voting for"as we had months of campaigning and leaflets from the remain side paid by the tax payer "joke"also Obama over here brainwashing people with his clearly scripted speech...I just want out as this EU is really pissing me off.
We shouldn't pay anything to leave as we've paid enough over the decades.It annoys me even more that we have such a bunch of liberal pussys rolling over and not a backbone between them.

It's no wonder this country is potless all the time as our money is given away in the billions to foreign countries and I never knew that we paid over a billion to the "EU" foreign aid when we already give oueselves around 13 billion...How much more do we pay for random things?

Just get us out of this hideous controlling organisation please!!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Beat me to it. £50 billion, go on Leavers, read it again, £50 billion. But of course the NHS will have £350 million extra per week so everything will be OK?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Beat me to it. £50 billion, go on Leavers, read it again, £50 billion. But of course the NHS will have £350 million extra per week so everything will be OK?

Over the last quarter our interest payments have increased by £315 million a week, mainly due to inflation as a knock on effect of our weak currency.

Speculators and International commentators think the UK is a joke.

£50 billion to shoot ourselves in the foot and what do we actually gain from all this? Well we get to keep a bunch of tax loopholes that benefit the media barons and speculators, who have been blaming the immigrants and the unemployed for all our woes for decades. By the way all of these easy quick free trade agreements are going to be negotiated by the same bunch of numpties who are signing up for a £50 billion payment, which many people on here told me wasn't necessary as we could just walk away. DELUDED.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
David Davies on the Andrew Marr show shortly. We will see his smarmy smile and facile answers to the real questions we want answered, and lots of wriggling on the £50bn he is giving away.

£50bn.

Ffs the brexit part of this party really are incompetent :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here