Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Korea at it again!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
While the US could destroy large visible sections of the army, what about underground missile sites, mobile missile launchers, submarines? Those could do a huge amount of damage to South Korea, killing millions.

Agree with this, it's very likely the only reason no military action has been taken yet.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think we should listen to what Mr. Corbyn has to say about the issue.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Trump is a tw@, but we've not yet seen anything to show he's willing to start what could be a terrible war. North Korea cannot take on the world, but they have the ability to kill many millions.

His "fire and fury" rhetoric strongly suggests he's prepared to take some form of military action.

If China doesn't step up to the plate on this and screw down sanctions to the point that NK backs off it looks pretty bleak and Trump is clearly stupid enough to do something that crosses the line.

If there is some form of (hopefully) limited war then we must rely on NK's likely incompetence. Big gamble though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His "fire and fury" rhetoric strongly suggests he's prepared to take some form of military action.
I can't say I listen to what he says, as history suggests it's all hot air. He said he'd build a wall and the Mexicans would pay for it - will they?

Trump is clearly stupid enough to do something that crosses the line.
Well yes he is, but surely his advisors will talk him out of a conflict that will kill millions of South Koreans.
If there is some form of (hopefully) limited war then we probably must rely on NK's likely incompetence.
But all they need to do is press the fire button. They'd lose the war, but that's not the point.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Trigaaar,

With regards to China, you genuinely think they'd want the US or a US coalition as neighbours? They are not happy with NK one bit (they've tried to discipline NK via sanctions on coal imports and were rumoured to be looking at Kim's brother as a replacement, before he was killed).

China aren't happy at all with the situation but a misbehaving Kim is far more preferable to any US involvement to them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trigaaar,

With regards to China, you genuinely think they'd want the US or a US coalition as neighbours?
How would the US become neighbours? Overthrowing Kim or destroying there army wouldn't make the US neighbours.

China aren't happy at all with the situation but a misbehaving Kim is far more preferable to any US involvement to them.
But if the US attacked, are China going to want a war with the US over it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A costly lesson in why you shouldn't leave things so long to the point nobody actually knows what the enemy is capable of. There's no doubt in my mind this is going to lead to conflict.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
A costly lesson in why you shouldn't leave things so long to the point nobody actually knows what the enemy is capable of. There's no doubt in my mind this is going to lead to conflict.

Good point and also completely unclear what NK's reaction to almost any level of "provocation" might be making the situation so dangerous.

Even Trump's war of words and SK's military exercises seem to provoke missile launches at the drop of a hat so at what point NK might actually take more positive military action must be a complete mystery to the parties involved.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
How would the US become neighbours? Overthrowing Kim or destroying there army wouldn't make the US neighbours.

But if the US attacked, are China going to want a war with the US over it?

I'm working on the premise that it's a US backed invasion or such, apologies if I wasn't clear. I reckon a Chinese ruse might see Kim disappear, it's the only workable solution for them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a dodgy situation but I think the people of NK should not carry the can for their ruling elite playing silly sods... Clinical strike at the top required.. Fatboy needs to watch what he eats and where he is driven....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm working on the premise that it's a US backed invasion or such, apologies if I wasn't clear.
No apology necessary. But even with a US invasion, surely the whole international community would demand that they left after making the place safe?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No apology necessary. But even with a US invasion, surely the whole international community would demand that they left after making the place safe?

You don't really understand "regime change".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don't really understand "regime change".
The US may want a leader with a western bias, but good luck picking one from the North Korean population.

The US would be happy just to get rid of NK's weapons. China would also be happy with that. The NK population would probably be happy with that in the long term too. If they managed that, NK would then have to rebuild and they'd find their own new leader, I don't think the US would get their way.

But you feel free to tell us different.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
North Korea: 'Japan missile was first step in Pacific operation'

image-guam-akan-jadi-tagert-korea-utara-selanjutnya.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41091563

Fatboy having fun sticking two fingers up to the US and the international community. Who says Nuclear deterrence doesn't work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here