Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protests in London

Flex Your Head

The BBC is shamelessly left wing Bias, they dont even try and hide it much........ there's so many incidences. Stephanie Flanders from the leftie Islington set and former bird of Milliband who's now left, Laura Kunnesbergs father Nicholas was the main funder of Wendy Alexander when she lead Scottish Labour in Holyrood as an MSP, Wendy is the sister of Douglas Alexander just vanquished and Laura as you know is a BBC political commentator, how cosy.

What about handing the job of BBC corporation strategy to James Purnell??, yes thats James Purnell the ex labour minister..... there is so much more if you're interested?

The BBC has to try and not be seen to be Bias but strategy is directed by a died in the wool labour supporter as are many in its news programming.

Are you on a wind-up, or just so brainwashed that you see red everywhere? The BBC has a left-wing bias? Drivel.

Robinson? Dimbleby? Neill? Landale? Marr? Vine? A veritable hotbed of pinko activists.

http://theconversation.com/hard-evidence-how-biased-is-the-bbc-17028

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-06-25/peston-is-right-left-wing-bias-at-the-bbc-is-a-myth

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321105-Does-the-BBC-have-a-left-wing-bias

Of course, you're programmed to ignore the facts as they're part of a left wing conspiracy or something, so I have no doubt you will not click on the links.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whilst defacing the war memorial was disgusting, and I think this protest was uncalled for. IMO it won't be long until there are much bigger protests. Whilst the Tories were voted in I feel that Labour lost a lot of votes because of the media and the Scottish voting SNP. Plus too many people have voted Tory because they only care about themselves. Now there is no way I will be able to get my own house until my late 20s at the earliest plus there will be little chance of me and a majority of people my age going to uni because of the cost, so whilst this protest was uncalled for I do think the UK electorate got it wrong and when the NHS becomes privatised all the people who aren't rich but voted Tory can only hope they don't need it

You appear to be conflicted ! So you will vote for a party that allows YOU to get a house and for YOU to go to Uni yet you suggest Tory voters only care about themselves ???

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I agree and its has been mostly led by the prat that owns this site and he is still croaking on generalising about the left at every opportunity.
The boring Bozza who just because he runs an average football forum and thinks in his tiny mind that he is Mr Brighton and Hove Albion.
For the past few weeks he has used his forum to spout his boring crap whilst staying up all night to w**k himself into a stupor every time the Tories won another seat.
Thread after thread about the election with so many typical Brighton/Sussex/South East views from people who think they know everything but in fact know nothing.
I thought this was a football forum. I have just returned from the Plymouth play off match, a club I thought we had an association with, they did not play well and were 3-0 down. Very few left and the stadium rocked with support and was lit up by thousands of lights from mobiles, the team was lifted and scored twice.
The past couple of hours have been spent with happy and very funny true fans.
Not a mention on here about it as far as I can see but plenty of ridiculous posts from the clown Bozza and his cronies about the election and now a few students with a spray can.
Pathetic and childish behaviour from people who really should know better or maybe not.

You know it's not compulsory to use NSC don't you ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you look through the other threads as well, you are, of course, right and it would be silly to say otherwise, there has been a lot of heated comments over the past few weeks and its all got a bit stupid really. Which includes my post. I have made a few comments but generally steer away from politics/religion but my post was over the top.
Cannot believe I got caught up in it all and if I offended Bozza. who of course is entitled to his opinion then I apologise.

Fair enough. Perhaps after the tension of your game you were a bit off kilter.

Flex Your Head

The individual who did this graffiti is an absolute dick, for sure, and I hope that they get their comeuppance. I really hope that the paint can be removed and the monument fully restored.

But some of the rabid reactions on here are beyond parody. People are so incensed that they want the perpertrator, shot, flogged, deported, permanently referred to as 'scum' or 'animal'... They are UP IN ARMS! And yet and yet and yet... strangely silent on issues which casue real harm and real hardship.

Meals on Wheels, deliveries of food for the elderly, infirm and most in need have dropped from 296,000 in 2009-10 to 109,000 in 2014-15. This is a DIRECT result of Government cuts. A third of all UK local authorities have abandoned meals on wheels provision altogether leading to thousands of cases of malnutrition and isolation.
I've not seen one of the outraged posters on here mention this over the past few years. But someone daubs paint on a monument and all hell breaks loose.

Let's try and keep things in perspective, eh?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whilst defacing the war memorial was disgusting, and I think this protest was uncalled for. IMO it won't be long until there are much bigger protests. Whilst the Tories were voted in I feel that Labour lost a lot of votes because of the media and the Scottish voting SNP. Plus too many people have voted Tory because they only care about themselves. Now there is no way I will be able to get my own house until my late 20s at the earliest plus there will be little chance of me and a majority of people my age going to uni because of the cost, so whilst this protest was uncalled for I do think the UK electorate got it wrong and when the NHS becomes privatised all the people who aren't rich but voted Tory can only hope they don't need it

I love this "blame the press" the left are hanging on to, Labour lost because the electorate didn't believe them.

Many Tory voters like myself do care about others thank you, another pointless remark.

Owning you own house is an interesting one and very blinkered. Find a job up north, believe me there's plenty going around, and you can buy a nice starter home for less than one cost me in 1988 in the south. Unfortunately the problem lies in south. Where you live is not the fault of any party.

University is another issue, you are aware that you don't pay upfront and then only pay once you earn over a certain amount. If you wanted to have a proper debate about university you could have asked why you now have to go off to uni to study what was always a polytechnic course. Labour changed this, turning perfectly good polys into uni's for no other reason than to increase attendance of uni's. So many courses are not worthy of being degree status. To pay for these changes Labour introduced fees.

Finally if you believe for one minute the people will put up with the NHS being turned private you are deluded.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Quote "I suppose it gives the Tory voters something to feel righteous about".
Deary me, your logic or excuse, or blame is to put it mildly very poor. You blame the graffiti and the actions on a party that like it or not got more seats than another.
Do you really think that a monument to people that died roughly 70 years BEFORE this day, deserve to be targeted.

This quote takes the biscuit "Destroying everything these people fought for ? MUCH WORSE". So you obviously understand/realise WHAT these people fought for, but are not bothered that these scum are destroying the monument of people that "fought for".
Seriously twisted post, summing up that you really support these actions and justify the actions because of your hatred of the government.
Why do these cretins not vent their anger democratically, not take it out on the memory of the dead.

Uhm, I have stated 3 times now that I think vandalising war memorials is completely out of order. So I can only conclude you are either thick or trying to start a row where there is none.
This board really has a very nasty unchecked element to it these days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Left wing scum are just as bad as the right wing scum.

Like it or not the people decided who they want as a goverment according to the rules and law that everyone knew. Then those that don't like the result think their right and the rest are wrong..... Get over it, and get on with it.....

If labour stood for the working class they should have and would have won.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
A picture says it all really !

Those in red are the Nibbles of the world.

thugs.JPG

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
there is no fantasy money tree.

Anti-austerity actually means more borrowing, more debt, wasting ever more on debt interest to pay for things today and then dumping the bill on the next generation.

these are dickhead students and anarchists being led astray by trade unions wounded that their puppet was just rejected. they wont accept the situation, they'll try and cause chaos.

Or getting the Torys' mates to pay the correct amount of tax.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Left wing scum are just as bad as the right wing scum.

Like it or not the people decided who they want as a goverment according to the rules and law that everyone knew. Then those that don't like the result think their right and the rest are wrong..... Get over it, and get on with it.....

If labour stood for the working class they should have and would have won.

Perhaps this is the problem. Many people don't feel represented by anyone. If anyone on the left thinks that labour are going to make anything better then they are sadly deluded (lesser of two evils is about as far as it goes). This causes massive frustration as people see the next 5 years stretching out in front of them. I disagree that this should be seen as a left v right thing, this is about people feeling like they are not represented (aside from the crowing tory supporters who for some strange reason seem to believe that the Bullingdon Boys give a toss about them or represent their interests).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The individual who did this graffiti is an absolute dick, for sure, and I hope that they get their comeuppance. I really hope that the paint can be removed and the monument fully restored.

But some of the rabid reactions on here are beyond parody. People are so incensed that they want the perpertrator, shot, flogged, deported, permanently referred to as 'scum' or 'animal'... They are UP IN ARMS! And yet and yet and yet... strangely silent on issues which casue real harm and real hardship.

Meals on Wheels, deliveries of food for the elderly, infirm and most in need have dropped from 296,000 in 2009-10 to 109,000 in 2014-15. This is a DIRECT result of Government cuts. A third of all UK local authorities have abandoned meals on wheels provision altogether leading to thousands of cases of malnutrition and isolation.
I've not seen one of the outraged posters on here mention this over the past few years. But someone daubs paint on a monument and all hell breaks loose.

Let's try and keep things in perspective, eh?

I agree, but if we focus on the paint on the monument (as classless as it is) then we don't have to address or recognise the things that people are protesting about. It is a tried and tested trick and one that works quite beautifully.

Not to mention government cuts to the Police services. Surely this and your examples which effect real live people is a worse kind of vandalism than some paint on a monument.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Uhm, I have stated 3 times now that I think vandalising war memorials is completely out of order. So I can only conclude you are either thick or trying to start a row where there is none.
This board really has a very nasty unchecked element to it these days.

Not to worry. Anyway you were adamant that you would emigrate if the Tories got back in. Anywhere in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here