Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Apparently Labour Mp's have been called for a briefing on the deal that was agreed at the Chequers, because she believes enough of her own Mp's will vote it down without Labour support

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read that Suella Braverma had resigned to. Maybe that was wrong.

Hello [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], good morning :wave:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You might not like Grayling - but at least he got the trains running on time. Er…………………….this is a man who could literally de-rail Brexit.

Actually, you might not be too far away form the truth there. Perhaps May does have a cunning plan to simply replace useless, clueless Brexiteers like David Davis with another? Plus wasn't Grayling her leadership campaign manager? Admittedly she was only up against another useless, clueless Brexiteer in the shape of Andrea Leadsom though.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Apparently Labour Mp's have been called for a briefing on the deal that was agreed at the Chequers, because she believes enough of her own Mp's will vote it down without Labour support

Sensible really, I think most people would agree that some kind of cross party plan with the majority of Parliament agreeing is the best approach?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the one hand good riddance to a smarmy prick who proved that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. A chancing spiv who was all bluster with nothing to back it up. Should have gone months ago.

On the other hand, what a mess. Or rather, even more of a mess. There have never been a more clueless bunch of self serving knobheads in charge of our country.

Could not have expressed it better. Worth a bump to the top of the page :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't remember options on the ballot paper for soft or hard :shrug:

I believe many of the gung-ho idiots voting leave had a hard on at the time as a result of the "promises" made by the likes of Grove, Boris, and the arch dick, Farage. All looking decidedly soft now!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sensible really, I think most people would agree that some kind of cross party plan with the majority of Parliament agreeing is the best approach?

Depends what Labour's policy is. Under this we are leaving the Single market and Customs Union. Labour are trying to stay in a custom union with the vote that will happen on the trade bill

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
:bowdown:

Plus he's only actually been to Brussels twice in the last 4 months.

It made me chuckle when he last went to Brussels, walked into a restaurant there, and they refused to serve him.

As for his attendance on the Fisheries committee! He missed 40 of the 42 meetings.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
View attachment 98500

Lots of this from the moaners,but who cares?Wonder who will be first to reject Theresa's fudge?Barmier,Junker,or the Gnome?Hope they do it soon,then we will have a nice clean break.

Barmier.Davis phoned him Saturday night with the details and just got laughter in reply.I thought it would be the Gnome,but perhaps he's busy filling petrol bombs in the Bogside with his pals.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What surprises me is that people are surprised at this mess. I have said a few times that I was leaning towards remain but willing to be convinced before the referendum. It was clear that it would never be an amicable split but wanted to see what the perceived benefits would be to weigh against the losses. All I got was lies and rhetoric from both sides and so stuck with my instinct that the benefits of remaining outweighed leaving. Did people really think that we could do the equivalent of a cheating husband who demands a divorce and wants to keep the pets, kids, car and house and still get sex from his ex whenever he wants? As well as alimony?

A second referendum is highly unlikely and not sure what a GE would do to make matters better. But I do subscribe to the view that the 52-48 has long since gone after this debacle. Anyone convincing themselves that some leavers haven't change their mind are deluded. I live with one for starters. Like many, she had concerns about immigration but not "at all costs" like a few on here. We are now stuck with a government pulling itself apart, an opposition trying to make itself sound popular without actually saying or committing to anything. And I'm not sure where the Lib Dems are other than having a party conference at the local pub's back room. And all of them trying to put their own spin on what the 52% of people who answered a very basic question actually meant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barmier.Davis phoned him Saturday night with the details and just got laughter in reply.I thought it would be the Gnome,but perhaps he's busy filling petrol bombs in the Bogside with his pals.

You’re talking to yourself.

What surprises me is that people are surprised at this mess. I have said a few times that I was leaning towards remain but willing to be convinced before the referendum. It was clear that it would never be an amicable split but wanted to see what the perceived benefits would be to weigh against the losses. All I got was lies and rhetoric from both sides and so stuck with my instinct that the benefits of remaining outweighed leaving. Did people really think that we could do the equivalent of a cheating husband who demands a divorce and wants to keep the pets, kids, car and house and still get sex from his ex whenever he wants? As well as alimony?

A second referendum is highly unlikely and not sure what a GE would do to make matters better. But I do subscribe to the view that the 52-48 has long since gone after this debacle. Anyone convincing themselves that some leavers haven't change their mind are deluded. I live with one for starters. Like many, she had concerns about immigration but not "at all costs" like a few on here. We are now stuck with a government pulling itself apart, an opposition trying to make itself sound popular without actually saying or committing to anything. And I'm not sure where the Lib Dems are other than having a party conference at the local pub's back room. And all of them trying to put their own spin on what the 52% of people who answered a very basic question actually meant.

Another contender for pinning to the top of the thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here