Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Kings Lynn Parkrun 1st place 18.04
With the quick boys not running took advantageu, with the wind & rain paced the dIstance well to knock 5 sec off my PB set last week. Led from the start and with no one coming with me it was purely a solo run.left Calf was cramping up last night and was sore this morning but loosened up when I started. Happy runner this morning!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
With the quick boys not running took advantageu, with the wind & rain paced the dIstance well to knock 5 sec off my PB set last week. Led from the start and with no one coming with me it was purely a solo run.left Calf was cramping up last night and was sore this morning but loosened up when I started. Happy runner this morning!!

Great effort. Good to hear someone doing anaerobic running rather than this marathon aerobic rubbish.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Well done! And best of luck to all those NSCers doing the Brighton tomorrow.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm in the queue to get into the expo. I am behind Debenhams... Wtf???

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Could you pick up a couple of Denby china coffee cups for me?
They seem to have screwed up big time this year after years of everything running smoothly. Today's email suggests they have just realised the bags for transportation are too small and are asking everyone not to bring too much. Looks like it will be bitingly cold so lucky I will have my super light Himalayan trekking gear waiting for me at the end.

Barber OUT!

May be worth planning for a few minutes walking At the start with a few thousand more entrants than normal. Still be a great day.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Well, time to say it I guess -

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE TOMORROW!!!!!

I hope everyone really ENJOYS the day - forget about the time!

I'll be on New Church Road around mile 14 cheering you all on!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm going Full Kit W***er with that weather forecast. Silly Shades and Silly Gloves. All the gear and no idea.

I'll see you fellers at the caff. Meanwhile my wife is asking questions like "When EXACTLY will you be at mile 16?" and "when should I order a cab to go to the finish line?"

FFS

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Last year I put my ruck sack in the truck without an issue. The bags are ridiculously sized and the weather turns cloudy around midday so you will get cold quickly once you've finished.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could you pick up a couple of Denby china coffee cups for me?
They seem to have screwed up big time this year after years of everything running smoothly. Today's email suggests they have just realised the bags for transportation are too small and are asking everyone not to bring too much. Looks like it will be bitingly cold so lucky I will have my super light Himalayan trekking gear waiting for me at the end.

Barber OUT!

May be worth planning for a few minutes walking At the start with a few thousand more entrants than normal. Still be a great day.

Agree - expecting carnage tomorrow with this corral nonsense. Very glad I'm not running for a PB or anything. To be fair, although the queue to get into the Centre was awful, once inside it was all well organised.

Hopefully see you in the morning chaps :rave:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Agree - expecting carnage tomorrow with this corral nonsense. Very glad I'm not running for a PB or anything. To be fair, although the queue to get into the Centre was awful, once inside it was all well organised.

Hopefully see you in the morning chaps :rave:

Surely there's only so many places in a coral? If one is over subscribed, then surely it defeats the purpose.
I think [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] had the right idea, going to the shortest queue.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Surely there's only so many places in a coral? If one is over subscribed, then surely it defeats the purpose.
I think [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] had the right idea, going to the shortest queue.
I now think I will set off at the back of red and set off at 8:45 pace waiting for the NSC Express to come along and then jump on the last carriage for the ride. See you at the cafe. Enjoy yourselves!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
More to the point, will [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] be blasting out "Eye of the Tiger" near the turn on Lewes Road?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone at the mini mile today?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone at the mini mile today?

My son came about halfway in the morning under 11s. Very well organized and lots of fun but still no full results on the site which is chewing him up. Shame about the hail. Preston Park is a QUAGMIRE. I will be putting carrier bags on my shoes tomorrow for the walk to the corrals

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My son came about halfway in the morning under 11s. Very well organized and lots of fun but still no full results on the site which is chewing him up. Shame about the hail.
Yeah, fortunately we were finished and undercover before the hail.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My son came about halfway in the morning under 11s. Very well organized and lots of fun but still no full results on the site which is chewing him up. Shame about the hail. Preston Park is a QUAGMIRE. I will be putting carrier bags on my shoes tomorrow for the walk to the corrals

There are no flies on you. I never thought of that but will follow suit. Just having the one glass of wine now as my liver has been in distress for 5 days. Must maintain the status quo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here