Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is/was Albions fastest player

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Stuart Storer. Didn't he win a competition to find the fastest player in the league?

Edit; 'No he didn't Wellesley you tw@t, but he did make it to the final 16.'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
José quite possibly.

In terms of actually USING their pace, to any useful end, the best in my 30+ years was Will Buckley (before he lost faith in his paper hamstrings). Devastating

:thumbsup:
The counter attack FAC tie winning goal from deep in our half versus Newcastle. In few short seconds, Buckley glided up their end for the winning OG.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sidwell, Obika, Paul Clark, Aspinall. All lightning quick.

A special award to CMS. Exceptiional at shuttle sprinting between opposition back fours. Turned it into an art form.

Aspinall was so fat when he played for us, that no matter where you were on the pitch, you were standing next to him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wil Buckley over the first 3 paces until the inevitable happened

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alan Duffy always looked very fast - but that might have been because he was quite a well-built lad, and at top speed it looked as if he might have had a great deal of difficulty stopping quickly!

duffy.jpg

I thought I was the only one who had misread and had left a letter out of the original question

Attachments

• alanduffy.jpg
    alanduffy.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 345

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who was our fastest player I think Tawse, or possibly Izquierdo but some may say Franco Massimo who although being a Sussex sprint champion wasnt a regular first teamer..

You know what: I bet NOBODY was going to say Franco Massimo.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How about Albion players who flattered to deceive on the pace front by utilising furious pumping arms or legs. May I nominate CMS and going back a bit Junior McDougald.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Gall

He was lightning quick. Such a shame injuries ruined his career. A bright spark in a fairly dismal era for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here