Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steven Davis goal celebration

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can count on one hand the opposition players who have wound me up over the years. Mainly because taunting the Home fans is so unnecessary and potentially incendiary. Pretty rare too I think.

McGleish, Hammond and Nolan all came across as massive prats after doing it. But I can’t think of any others.

Davis is close but pretty tame after those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Rooney too?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just thought it was weird. Most people around me turned to look at the scoreboard to find out who he was. Odd.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can count on one hand the opposition players who have wound me up over the years. Mainly because taunting the Home fans is so unnecessary and potentially incendiary. Pretty rare too I think.

McGleish, Hammond and Nolan all came across as massive prats after doing it. But I can’t think of any others.

That prick away at Grimsby when we got relegated. Can't remember his name.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[emoji23]

When Hammond equalised at Withdean and celebrated in front of the fans who were going for their refreshments, they surged forward and when the advertising hoarding moved he shat himself......... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The same for weedy ‘Are you keeping up’ Adkins, when he came out for the dead rubber at Withdean against the Champs. Pale as a ghost, he made a direct diagonal across the pitch to his seat, as the mob surged forward with wan*er chants and during the game.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Can anyone explain the cupped ear to the North Stand? I didn’t think he or Southampton in general had received any stick from us? Just seemed a bit petulant and unnecessary - or did I miss something?

Yes, I also saw that and thought it odd, as he had not received any abuse, when one might have understood the reaction. Ok, it is not the end of the world, but it was rather unnecessary and provoking the crowd is never a good tactic.

Yoda

English & European
Gabbiadini when he scored his hat trick and that Grimsby player (Kean?) are two who immediately spring to mind

Totally agree that that idiot. Could understand why he would think that was a good idea. They were already down, and he was on loan there from PNE. Another really odd bit of goading from a player.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Also thought this was strange, with no provocation/history between him and us as at all. Discussed briefly after the game and decided that he's just a chippy Northern Irish prat.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
All clubs are guilty of crowd provoking - what was the game that Knocky scored and ran past the opposition fans (I'm assuming it was opp. fans as only seen a clip of it but didn't see the fans), arms out, tongue out?! Now THAT's provocation!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Ross Wallace in the play off semi?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
All clubs are guilty of crowd provoking - what was the game that Knocky scored and ran past the opposition fans (I'm assuming it was opp. fans as only seen a clip of it but didn't see the fans), arms out, tongue out?! Now THAT's provocation!

That was against Wednesday after the grief they gave him in the Playoff defeat.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I dont think you missed anything but i do think you are trying to read too much into something

A goal away after 6 minutes = silence the crowd (& it worked - we were quite subdued)

Yep first half was the quietest the crowd has been all season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here