Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket holders why

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Given how many real fans cannot easily gets tickets now, That really sucks!

Given the sudden increase in the waiting list coinciding with our likelihood of playing in the Premier League then the chances that the individual at the top of the season ticket queue is any more of a ‘real’ fan than the one described are very slim.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last.season in the east lower famjly section a newcastle fan celebrated their winner , i told him to stfu , it turned out it was one of my sons schoolfriends dad "cringe"

:lolol:

Reminds me of a time when one of my students, who was a bit 'indie' came to work all in black (no especially unexpected). "Has your goldfish died?" I quipped.

"No, my grandmother" ....

:wozza::facepalm:

I think the club said if you do not attend something like 65 or 75% of games they reserve the right to take cancel your season ticket. Not totally sure but think it was something along these lines.

So to answer your question there might he a few years like him but there will be fewer if they do not attend the minimum number of games required.

At what point did buying a ticket for an event mean you had to attend? 1984 or what:moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have there been any instances yet of an away fan in a home ST seat, mouthing off? If so, were stewards sought, and what happened to the season ticket? Like many others the very last thing I want at the football is a mouthy away fan sitting near me, especially in the context of of the original post. I would become agitated.

When Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU visit, we'll see. Like or it not, they do have huge support in Sussex. Their fans in home sections will be a mixture of illicit sales or genuine Albion members for whom Brighton is their second club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU visit, we'll see. Like or it not, they do have huge support in Sussex. Their fans in home sections will be a mixture of illicit sales or genuine Albion members for whom Brighton is their second club.

I have surruptitiously sat in with the homeys at Arsenal (recently), Dagenham (guess which of these two firstmentioned teams had the most passionate support? Yes, that's right), Colchester, Reading, Millwall, Fulham, Wigan, numerous other lower league places when frankly it didn't really matter and (brighton unrelated) Chelsea (twice, once to 'support' Nobby and Fozzy in a 3-1 win for Luton in div 2, and once to 'support' dirty Leeds in 1970 - reaching for tin hat in case Alfredmizen sees this; I loved the 'dirty' when I was eleven...) and I would NEVER have interfered with the privacy of the home supporters by gobbing off. Especially at Millwall. Ahem. It is just.....rude. Woe betide the first offender, whether he's the father of the vicar that Christened me or not :angry:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have surruptitiously sat in with the homeys at Arsenal (recently), Dagenham (guess which of these two firstmentioned teams had the most passionate support? Yes, that's right), Colchester, Reading, Millwall, Fulham, Wigan, numerous other lower league places when frankly it didn't really matter and (brighton unrelated) Chelsea (twice, once to 'support' Nobby and Fozzy in a 3-1 win for Luton in div 2, and once to 'support' dirty Leeds in 1970 - reaching for tin hat in case Alfredmizen sees this; I loved the 'dirty' when I was eleven...) and I would NEVER have interfered with the privacy of the home supporters by gobbing off. Especially at Millwall. Ahem. It is just.....rude. Woe betide the first offender, whether he's the father of the vicar that Christened me or not :angry:

An away goal might trigger a few to stand up and celebrate, forgetting just for a second.

Cue the calls for stewards to remove the interloppers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An away goal might trigger a few to stand up and celebrate, forgetting just for a second.

Cue the calls for stewards to remove the interloppers.

Yes. Mind you, several on here will recall when we thought 'Oh Gary Hart' had scored the winner at the Madejski a few years back. About 20 people jumped up (most of us hadn't realised most of us were Brighton, we'd been that good) only for the goal to be disallowed, and cue the local numpties all finger pointing and jeering. Too late for a stewards' enquirey, and we sloped off with just the one point. :whistle::blush:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. Mind you, several on here will recall when we thought 'Oh Gary Hart' had scored the winner at the Madejski a few years back. About 20 people jumped up (most of us hadn't realised most of us were Brighton, we'd been that good) only for the goal to be disallowed, and cue the local numpties all finger pointing and jeering. Too late for a stewards' enquirey, and we sloped off with just the one point. :whistle::blush:

Always thought it funny when fans of clubs such as Reading, Watford or MKDons, in home games, have done that vehement finger pointing when fans of clubs like Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs or West Ham have popped up. It has happened.

It comes across as if the home fans are secretly pleased that their stewards are there, to make them brave enough for the finger pointing act.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Reminds me of a time when one of my students, who was a bit 'indie' came to work all in black (no especially unexpected). "Has your goldfish died?" I quipped.

"No, my grandmother" ....

:wozza::facepalm:

Reminds me of a breakfast room in a Blackpool B&B the Sunday morning after an Albion game when the chirpy (and annoying) owner asked a woman wearing shades if it was a “heavy night last night?” First silence and then her partner/friend replied “no, she’s blind.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always thought it funny when fans of clubs such as Reading, Watford or MKDons, in home games, have done that vehement finger pointing when fans of clubs like Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs or West Ham have popped up. It has happened.

It comes across as if the home fans are secretly pleased that their stewards are there, to make them brave enough for the finger pointing act.

To be perfectly honest, the extent to which I kick off (or scream for a policeman) will depend on how cross I am at the time. I can even imagine taking it manfully, especially if the team have let thmselves down bigtime. That said....not wishing to tempt fate... I can't see all these stars coming into alignment any time soon :O

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be perfectly honest, the extent to which I kick off (or scream for a policeman) will depend on how cross I am at the time. I can even imagine taking it manfully, especially if the team have let thmselves down bigtime. That said....not wishing to tempt fate... I can't see all these stars coming into alignment any time soon :O

If Brighton are beating ManUre and they score a late consolation, would you let their interloppers 'off' in those circumstances?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reminds me of a breakfast room in a Blackpool B&B the Sunday morning after an Albion game when the chirpy (and annoying) owner asked a woman wearing shades if it was a “heavy night last night?” First silence and then her partner/friend replied “no, she’s blind.”

As with all of these things....and no disrespect to the poor buggers on the receiving end... you'd need a heart of stone to not laugh.

Whatever happened to Jerry Sadowitz?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here