Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best steak in Brighton and Hove?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Has the chain had a revival? I used to eat a lot of steak in London, mostly on expenses and found that their standards slipped from very good to meh, even though their prices steadily crept up. The particular venue did make a difference though - I found the one near the Crosse Keys to be the most reliable. The best steak I've had in London of late was at Omnino on Leadenhall St. Brilliant service and superb steak.

Only ever been to the one Slone Avenue. Stopped for a while as felt it had dropped a bit but been back recently and it was very good. Whole place has had a revamp. Defo worth another go

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
For something a little different, try La Tana, a very unpretentious restaurant in the unlikely location of Ladies Mile Road in Patcham. They serve a hot stone fillet steak. The very tender steak is served raw and you cook to your preference on the hot stone. For the quality and size of steak, it is well priced. The atmosphere for a Birhday or Anniversary is excellent. Tell them the event before you go.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Had the meat experience at Latino America for my birthday meal, it was fantastic.. 4 cuts of steak, a couple of sides all washed down with a lovely bottle of Malbec... Highly recommended.

I would recommend this too!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
So the verdict: went to Latina America and steak was excellent - had the sharing slow grilled rib-eye MR and was excellent. Parents loved it too. Negatives were some slightly "eccentric" service (one salad and a portion of chips turned up about 10 mins before the steaks - presume they took them to the wrong table) and the tables are pretty cramped. But would go back again for the good food.
For those discussing steak in London, as a Londoner for the last 20 odd years I'd steer you to Hawksmoor and have a sharing steak - as good as any I've had anywhere in the world and best in London in my view.

Going to try Latino Americas tomorrow for lunch before the game. I'd never heard of it until this thread.

Shall Uber from Shoreham to Church Road. What will be the best bus to get from close by the restuarant to the Amex? And how long do they take

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Going to try Latino Americas tomorrow for lunch before the game. I'd never heard of it until this thread.

Shall Uber from Shoreham to Church Road. What will be the best bus to get from close by the restuarant to the Amex? And how long do they take

You can get a 25 from there, although more will go from Palmeira Square which is just a five minute walk. So long as you don't leave it too late, it'll be about half an hour.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wish I hadn't read that!

How often do the 25's pass Palmeria Square on a Sunday and are they likely to be full?

Google is your friend, but for the sake of ease, the buses run every 12 minutes from Palmeira Square, and according to the bus timetable takes 36 minutes to get to Sussex University Sports Hall. However, traffic is a pig on Lewes Road between Elm Grove and Sainsbury's, and at Falmer - so allow 45 minutes.

Highly unlikely to be full as the bus route starts there.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Going to Latino on Monday to treat Mrs JTM. Will report back!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Possibly not the best place for this,but presumed this would be full of steak lovers.Aldi have got their lovely rib-eye and sirloin New Zealand Wagyu steaks back on sale Thursday,but you will have to be quick off the mark.Sold out by Saturday last year!

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Possibly not the best place for this,but presumed this would be full of steak lovers.Aldi have got their lovely rib-eye and sirloin New Zealand Wagyu steaks back on sale Thursday,but you will have to be quick off the mark.Sold out by Saturday last year!

ALDI are also doing a Chateaubriand for £9.99 for 2 people. Have had 3 in the last month and all very nice. Just don't cook it for as long as the packet says unless you like well done

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
This thread makes me miss L'Eglise. Snotty ****ers in there but the chef cooked a proper onglet.

I miss it too. Cracking little place.

I believe it closed because the Council discovered that it wasn't actually allowed to open on Sundays (after years of doing so). They couldn't make the numbers work without Sunday lunches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
openning one in Haywards Heath in the Sergison arms next March closing 29th January for refit.

That will be a slight improvement on the rubbish served up at The Sergison as I know a number of people who used to go there regularly but have stopped going in there. Problem is both companies are subsidiaries of M & B so the normal company orientated menu with no regard for customers will be in operation.

Basically a slight upgrade in quality and more expensive Harvester.

Last edited:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'm not a big steak fan, but my wife has had the steak in Il Bistro on Market Street and hasn't had any complaints. I usually have the chicken with blue cheese sauce, which is awesome. Great service and reasonably priced. Really easy to get to, and not too noisy/crowded.

+1. The wife and I really like this place. Food has been consistently good and when I've had a steak there it's been good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here