Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 91 37.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 155 63.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both.
Would have taken a point before the game, but we started fine and once against 10 men we were the better side, so wouldn't have taken a point from then on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely and utterly this. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people are really shocked by our 'poor' start to the season, but it was always going to be thus. Did they really think that we were going to win any of these three games?

We are a very small fish in a very big pond, and the points that we need for survival were always going to be very hard to dig out. The Premier League is unknown territory, so it will take a little while, like it or not, for our players to adapt. Several encouraging signs today l thought, the team seemed to gel better, we got forward as a unit more, and offered an attacking threat.

Onwards and upwards everybody.

Exactly this. We have injured players to come back into the team.

In 79/80 we lost our first three games in the league, and still stayed up. Too many pessimists who've already written the team off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely and utterly this. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people are really shocked by our 'poor' start to the season, but it was always going to be thus. Did they really think that we were going to win any of these three games?

We are a very small fish in a very big pond, and the points that we need for survival were always going to be very hard to dig out. The Premier League is unknown territory, so it will take a little while, like it or not, for our players to adapt. Several encouraging signs today l thought, the team seemed to gel better, we got forward as a unit more, and offered an attacking threat.

Onwards and upwards everybody.
Don't disagree with any of that, but after the way the game went today - for a good hour we were in control and it looked only a matter of time before one of our shots rolled into the back of the net - and we hit the woodwork three times, we were that close - I feel a bit deflated.
Only one team will be thinking, 'Phew, we grabbed a point today' - and that will be will be Watford, not us!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That f*cking donkey Hemed needs shipping out while there's still somebody daft enough to buy him.

Were you calling him a donkey last season too? (I'll ignore your expletive). I'm as frustrated as you that he didn't get us off the mark today, but the guy needs time to adapt. They all do, we have only played three games in the Premier League.

You seemed to think they were going to hit the ground running from day one. That was never going to happen.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I'm just so frustrated we didn't win.

There were positives, the main two being Knockaert back out on the pitch at his brilliant best and I also thought Suttner looked a lot better today. The other positives were Dunk, Duffy and March who were excellent but I think we already knew they were good enough.

I'm frustrated too and there's definitely a sense that we won't get too many chances as good as that to win away but as you say there were some better performances throughout the team and now we go into the break with a little bit more confidence. When we come back we NEED to have added at least one quality striker, and assuming we have, we've a better to platform to build on than were we to have taken another deflating defeat today.

Looking at Palace and West Ham they're leaking goals all over the shop, and against teams where they really should be doing better (both conceding three to promoted clubs already) so we should be grateful we don't have that trouble right now. We won't stay up if we aren't scoring goals, everyone know that. But at least we know the club are working on that and in the meantime we can feel relatively confident we're organised enough to minimise the threat of teams we face while we wait for the goals (and the goalscorer) to come

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Glad we've got our first point on the board before the break and away from home ..on the other hand as Chris H said it's an opportunity lost

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Glad we've got our first point on the board before the break and away from home ..on the other hand as Chris H said it's an opportunity lost

He also said we were denied a stonewall penalty.

[tweet]901479952318595074[/tweet]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That f*cking donkey Hemed needs shipping out while there's still somebody daft enough to buy him.

Yup. And the season before. Take away the penalty goals and you're pretty much left with a pedestrian, er, donkey.

Never understand why , even if you don't rate players which is fair enough, fans resort to this sort of stuff when describing the team you support. Depressing.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gained but we deserved to win the dirty northern *******s

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here