Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Born and raised in Hackney then lived in New York, Cyprus, Southgate, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, and now Warwickshire. My uncles and aunts (on both sides of the family) lived in Hove and we visited them often from London during school holidays. Despite late Dad being a lifelong Arsenal fan and my brother a lifelong Spurs fan (how did that happen?!), I faithfully followed the Albion as a kid and was hooked from the first time I saw them in the 60s. Never lived in Sussex but I have spent many happy family and footy times there and love it. I keep dropping hints to (Mancunian) Mrs SUA Seagull about a move to my “spiritual home” but can’t see that happening…..so it looks like the Amex will be a 3 hour each way trip for a while yet.

Jameson

Born Brighton Maternity Hospital in Buckingham Road, various towns and villages in East Sussex, moved to London when I left school aged 16, moved back to Brighton for the remainder of teenage years, got married and lived in Polegate, Hailsham and Bexhill. Finally had enough of traffic and traffic jams on crap East Sussex roads, grumpy self centred neighbours, mean spirited locals and aggressive drivers. Now live in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, lovely people, active and supportive community and minimal traffic. I now wake up to the sound of Curlews, lambs bleating and go to sleep listening to Swifts and Owls calling. Bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Always lived around Briighton area until the job relocated me to Leicestershire in the ninetees. There I had to endure the patronizing of workmates who where committed 'Foxes' ......
Moved back to Sussex after redundancy /retirement... there is no place like home! I would like to live closer to Brighton but property prices are sky high...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Now live in London after being born in Shoreham match days off the train straight in the Bell and still see the old faces milling about from my youth. Not sure I would ever go back to live as I find seaside towns depressing in winter.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Born Brighton, then Hove, Portslade, Henfield (21 years) back to Brighton for good. So Sussex lived all my life. No complaints.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Born in southlands. A central westie born n bred - schooled for 4 yrs in brighton. 3 years in landan & back to sussex. Hove for the last 15yrs. So not travelled far - & very happy with my lot

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
Left Dorothy Stringer, then Varndean, to join Her Majesties Flying Club. Tours in Scotland (2), Germany (wasn't allowed home for that FA Cup Final), Norfolk, Hampshire (2) (great posting for getting to home games), then got a job for 3 years in Fareham, still living in Farnborough), before leaving for USA, to join wife.

Never even seen The Amex, and have not been to a Brighton game since I moved away in 2002 - but still follow the Albion, as anyone who knows me will testify!!!

At least living over here, they show every Premier game live, so I'll have no trouble watching all 38 games this coming season!

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
Born Hove 1953, moved to Rugby 1958,miss Brighton very much, best place on earth to me,would love to move back there

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
19 Years Horsham, West Sussex
3 Years Ashchurch, Gloucestershire
3 Years Bushey, Hertfordshire
3 Years Verden, Germany
2 Years Camberley, Surrey
3 Years Romford, Essex
3 Years Horsham, West Sussex
4 Years Houghton Bridge, West Sussex
15 Years Arundel West Sussex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Born Brighton Maternity Hospital in Buckingham Road, various towns and villages in East Sussex, moved to London when I left school aged 16, moved back to Brighton for the remainder of teenage years, got married and lived in Polegate, Hailsham and Bexhill. Finally had enough of traffic and traffic jams on crap East Sussex roads, grumpy self centred neighbours, mean spirited locals and aggressive drivers. Now live in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, lovely people, active and supportive community and minimal traffic. I now wake up to the sound of Curlews, lambs bleating and go to sleep listening to Swifts and Owls calling. Bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean when you mention the traffic and roads in East Sussex, I hate driving now, but have to because of my job.
That part of Yorkshire sounds like a nice place to live.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
East London, Malta, Hampshire, Hong Kong, Wiltshire, Berlin, Kent, N.Ireland, North London, South London, Kent & now East Sussex for the last 15 years. Love East Sussex, beautiful county.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Moved to Lymington at 16, lived in US for 5 years on and off. Ended up in Las Cruces New Mexico. When I came back went back to Southampton and been here ever since. Actually lived away from Brighton longer than I lived there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here