Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TRAVEL LATEST - BHA v FOREST - TRAINS NOW STOPPING AT FALMER - NORMAL SERVICE PLUS EXTRAS

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I have just heard from Bexhill station that the only way back to Eastbourne and beyond is to take the train???? to Brighton travel to Haywards Heath and change to the Victoria Line train.

This whole thing is getting very confusing, looks like the TV then!!!!

Sounds a bit dodgy. If you can get the shuttle bus back from Amex to Lewes then trains are running back from there to Bexhill. You'd pick up train from London at Lewes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
National Rail says yes, but only two an hour after 6.

They'll either be 3 carriages in which case they'll be dangerously rammed and not worth queueing for, or they'll be 6/8 carriages in which case the short platform will mean that there will be whole carriageloads of people that won't be able to get off anyway. Just say no, kidz :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

The Lewes station shuttles stops at 22.45 - if there are still people in the queue (who joined at full time) will they just be left at the Amex after 22.45 or do you anticipate clearing everybody within a hour of full time.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
They'll either be 3 carriages in which case they'll be dangerously rammed, or they'll be 6/8 carriages in which case the short platform will mean that there will be whole carriageloads of people that won't be able to get off anyway. Just say no, kidz :nono:

Oh, I'm not saying it's a good idea. It's a bloody terrible idea. Buses are the only viable solution for those using public transport, trying to use the trains in anyway is super dumb.

I also think there are still some foreign students at Sussex, and they're going to be terribly confused when the trains won't stop where they need to get off. Feel sorry for them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

The Lewes station shuttles stops at 22.45 - if there are still people in the queue (who joined at full time) will they just be left at the Amex after 22.45 or do you anticipate clearing everybody within a hour of full time.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] Would strongly suggest that the club has a duty of care to anyone left stranded in a queue at the Amex at 22.45 who has joined that queue in good faith. There needs to be plans in place in advance to at least be able to get these people as far as Brighton or Lewes. Or does the club just intend leaving them stranded at the Amex and turning the lights off? ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not from Brighton Station. My advice would be to walk down to Churchill Square or St Peter's Church and catch a 25 or 28/29.

As far as I understand the plan, trains will be running from Brighton to Lewes, but they won't be stopping at Falmer.

Utter madness. Trains running through Falmer without stopping I mean. Staffing issues at the station I suppose. The government is saying goodbye to a lot of revenue.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
le Tour de Falmer: when is the peloton leaving Brighton town centre?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Utter madness. Trains running through Falmer without stopping I mean. Staffing issues at the station I suppose. The government is saying goodbye to a lot of revenue.

No, they can't run enough trains for the number of people who would likely use them, which the police deem a safety issue. By closing Falmer people won't use the trains, which stops the safety issue.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No, they can't run enough trains for the number of people who would likely use them, which the police deem a safety issue. By closing Falmer people won't use the trains, which stops the safety issue.

Madness. Utter madness. All caused by a bunch of dinosaurs calling themselves the RMT.

The Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) suggested yesterday that there was no justification for the action because the system was completely safe, with no one having died as a result of being trapped in doors for 15 years.

In a strongly worded statement, the board said that driver-only operation had been used on the network for 30 years, with thousands of trains a day using the system. This included the majority of commuter services from main London stations, including Liverpool Street, King’s Cross, St Pancras, Victoria, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge.

Safety, my arse. It was nothing about safety. It was purely about the union wanting a fight. *******s.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As far as I understand the plan, trains will be running from Brighton to Lewes, but they won't be stopping at Falmer.

Could it not be arranged that a number of people hit the emergency stop button just before Falmer ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Madness. Utter madness. All caused by a bunch of dinosaurs calling themselves the RMT.

The Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) suggested yesterday that there was no justification for the action because the system was completely safe, with no one having died as a result of being trapped in doors for 15 years.

In a strongly worded statement, the board said that driver-only operation had been used on the network for 30 years, with thousands of trains a day using the system. This included the majority of commuter services from main London stations, including Liverpool Street, King’s Cross, St Pancras, Victoria, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge.

Safety, my arse. It was nothing about safety. It was purely about the union wanting a fight. *******s.

The RMT aren't striking today. They weren't striking yesterday either, so Southern have had plenty of time to get rolling stock where it needs to be. They haven't. That seems like a Southern issue to me, not an RMT issue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes please [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]. Planning to stay for a beer or 2 after the match to let the queues go down, but would be useful to know what time P&R stops

I'm fairly sure I read the last buses went at 10.45pm.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The RMT aren't striking today. They weren't striking yesterday either, so Southern have had plenty of time to get rolling stock where it needs to be. They haven't. That seems like a Southern issue to me, not an RMT issue.

But who caused the problem initially? The frigging union. If they hadn't screwed up the rail network and people's lives as a result of a totally unnecessary strike then there would not have been a problem today.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
But who caused the problem initially? The frigging union. If they hadn't screwed up the rail network and people's lives as a result of a totally unnecessary strike then there would not have been a problem today.

There has been an emergency time table since late June/early July I believe. It's the same one that's running today. That was a choice made by Southern, the RMT did not force them to do it because of any strikes.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

So why is Falmer shut for safety reasons by Southern tonight then when there is no strike or next Tuesday then ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Bollocks the Union have F...d up Commuters for the last few months now it`s football fans....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here