Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
While this is all rather worrying, I am far more concerned about this terrible revelation:

Keith Andrews Eager to Extend Brighton Stay

I'm not surprised he's had a result doing nothing and getting paid for it

THAT is even worse than Oscar leaving please keep away Mr Andrews, unless you can tell me what is your role in the team apart from Pointing where you want everyone else to run????

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He implied that because Tony lives in Australia for six months of the year this hinders the club in some aspects as he leaves it in the care of others.

I could be mis-informed, but I was under the impression that Tony Bloom doesn't spend anything like 6 months a year in Australia.

Perhaps others more informed could confirm or correct this issue.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now it's the morning after the before, I still feel strangely ambivalent about whether Oscar stays or goes to be honest.

egg_face_google.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'll be pleased to see the back of Oscar.

Like others I was originally seduced by the Barcelona connections and talk of building the club from the youth upwards but that is all just window dressing (exactly how much bullshit it all is can now be easily seen). Decent Academy Directors and coaches are the most important appointments from that perspective.

As has been pointed out recently we won League One in style thanks to a remarkably strong team with particularly good attacking players. Since promotion the "possession football" has been largely very frustrating to watch. I hope our next manager brings a different "philosophy" and more enjoyable football matches.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is so like the end of last season it's unreal. I had come to terms with the defeat. We lost to a better side. It happens. Then the Oscar bombshell is dropped and it's May 2013 all over again.

So the next two weeks of my life will be spent clicking "refresh" in the faint hope of news that never comes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heard various things through the course of the season from reliable sources which still has me in two minds about what to think about this.

On the one hand the club need consistency and despite all the injuries and upheaval we have managed to get in the playoffs so I don't think losing the manager is ideal. However this season has been massively disappointing entertainment wise and I can only think of a couple of games I haven't left feeling underwhelmed.

The reports say Oscar is dissatisfied with the clubs dealings in the transfer market, yet I've heard that he is very uninterested in the signing of players and expects just to coach the players he has. I don't see how money can be an issue when we had two £1m bids for players in the jan window.

There clearly is a problem, however is it because the club actually want him to be more active in regards to recruitment and he isn't interested rather than the assumed he wants something and the club aren't willing to back him

This.

Good post, which has been ignored.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Looks like someone was lying!

Yes! I have been reflecting on that since. I am no sure whether he obviously didn't want to comment or maybe didn't know? He was on that station platform with me (and others) 20 mins after the game so maybe missed the interview but that seems very unlikely

All I know is....... He seemed utterly relaxed and positive (despite the result) on the train

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He was on that station platform with me (and others) 20 mins after the game ....... He seemed utterly relaxed and positive on the train
Down to earth, composed and positive despite extreme pressure and high stakes... he could go far in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here