Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the football season started for you yet?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why not have the internationals at the start of august? I imagine I'm not the only one not caring one iota whether we win or lose to whichever insignificant European country we play as it'll make no difference if we get to the world cup anyway.

I do care, very much, but just seems nonsensical to have three premiership games and then straight into an international break. Would rather they had one early December when attendances are traditionally lower anyway.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Similar position to my wife and myself, no kids, but do have nephews to stay in the summer, being near London, the cost seems to be hyped up.
Worth every penny though :)

Yeah......we are looking forward to it, in all honesty, first time we have done the Adult only hotel thing, but the reviews on trip adviser are amazing, #shouldbegood :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They seem to opt out of international tournaments quickly enough.

Not seen a game yet this season, and not sure when I will get to one either.

You've been playing cricket, I see. That's even WORSE, as excuses go.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nottingham Forest and Rotherham at home, Newcastle away for me. The ever so slightly expensive one was Newcastle with the cost of train, hotel, and considerable amounts of . . . . . :drink: :drink: :drink:

I am now recovering at home.

I doff my hat sir... mean it, not being sarky.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

el punal

I doff my hat sir... mean it, not being sarky.

Kind words dear sir! Apart from the result, the trip and stay up in Newcastle was a wonderful experience. The Geordies that I met were generous and friendly, and great drinking buddies. They were full of praise for the Albion, and especially for Chris Hughton.

It was defininetly up there with the best of football's away trips! :cheers:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
but sadly we are dictated to by UEFA.

Thats what happins with May as prime minster

Why cant these people understand that Brexit means brexit ???

we should be making up are own fixture list and play when we want. Most of are good players such as stockdale dunk bruno and murray are english and not internationals

Int break only organised cos the Tobys want a final weekend in there Spanish villas before kids go back to school

Regards

DR

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Due to an ill-timed holiday (although, I had very little choice about when we could go this year), I've yet to see the Albion play bar watching the second-half of the Forest game on my laptop.

Getting home yesterday, one of the things I was looking forward to was going to a game this weekend and getting back into football mode properly. This morning I take a look at the fixture list to discover it's a sodding international break and I have to wait until nearly mid-September for my first game.

Anyone else yet to see a game this season?

Call yourself a fan? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Missed forest game due to trains, took boy to Rotherham game as school holidays, don't do cup games and have just discovered after longing for a proper Saturday 3pm kick off that I'm in Holland for the Brentford game...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thats what happins with May as prime minster

Why cant these people understand that Brexit means brexit ???

we should be making up are own fixture list and play when we want. Most of are good players such as stockdale dunk bruno and murray are english and not internationals

Int break only organised cos the Tobys want a final weekend in there Spanish villas before kids go back to school

Regards

DR

You've failed the written English test. You're out. Tommy Robinson's arresting officers will come a knocking soon. #fascistcleansing

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes. I mean no. I don't know. what do you think?

Screenshot from 2016-08-29 20-27-32.png

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Due to an ill-timed holiday (although, I had very little choice about when we could go this year), I've yet to see the Albion play bar watching the second-half of the Forest game on my laptop.

Getting home yesterday, one of the things I was looking forward to was going to a game this weekend and getting back into football mode properly. This morning I take a look at the fixture list to discover it's a sodding international break and I have to wait until nearly mid-September for my first game.

Anyone else yet to see a game this season?

Now you see back - what is happening with dale?
And who are we after?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here