Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Investigating Hull pitch invasion

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Boro pitch invasion was obviously worse. The Hull one was better covered by Sky - that is the difference. The Boro scum on the pitch provided plenty of evidence against themselves on twitter. But don't expect an even handed FA. Anyone who followed the Albion in the 1990s knows what to expect. Sadly I felt Greg Dyke was trying to reform things but gave up on it.

100% this. The FA is the worst old boys club of them all and I can't see how it can be reformed without ripping the whole thing up and starting again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This will be another example of the FA reacting completely different to two situations that are bascially the same. See Barton and Stephens incidents.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Hull City supporter in question that faced up and goaded the Derby captain - Adam Pardoe - was jailed in 2011 for 7 years (go work that one out) for attacking an OAP with a breeze block. Luckily, she survived.

ahh bless him .....he's miss understood....he's a lovely boy really....!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Points deduction for Boro! Can you imagine......

(I seem to remember we were deducted 2 points for a much smaller pitch invasion in 1996 when we were bottom of the league and protesting against Archer - they just wanted to kick us while we were down)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Hull City supporter in question that faced up and goaded the Derby captain - Adam Pardoe - was jailed in 2011 for 7 years (go work that one out) for attacking an OAP with a breeze block. Luckily, she survived.

Classy. Why is he back out in such a short time after such serious offences, you have to ask.

For sentences where the judge hasn't stipulated a minimum prison term when sentencing a prisoner they will serve half their term in prison and half on licence. So he'd have been released after a minimum of 3.5 years served (could have taken longer depending on how he'd behaved inside). I'd say there is a strong possibility he'll be missing the play off final and the next couple of seasons as he's likely to be in breach of his licence and be returning to prison to server the remainder of his sentence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For sentences where the judge hasn't stipulated a minimum prison term when sentencing a prisoner they will serve half their term in prison and half on licence. So he'd have been released after a minimum of 3.5 years served (could have taken longer depending on how he'd behaved inside). I'd say there is a strong possibility he'll be missing the play off final and the next couple of seasons as he's likely to be in breach of his licence and be returning to prison to server the remainder of his sentence.

Regardless of what happens with the law, you'd imagine Hull will give him a long, if not permanent, ban.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
The guy who confronted him was jailed in 2011 for hitting a 70 yr old woman pensioner in the face with a breezeblock and also hit a 93 yr old man with an iron bar. Now he's been identified I'm sure a ban will be heading his way.

Bloody coward. Needs to be taught some respect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't really get the Hull pitch invasion.

They're effectively celebrating getting into the play-off final. They haven't won anything, and they could quite possibly end up still in the championship next season.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure there would be an occasion where I would bother getting involved with a pitch invasion :shrug:

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I don't really get the Hull pitch invasion.

They're effectively celebrating getting into the play-off final. They haven't won anything, and they could quite possibly end up still in the championship next season.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure there would be an occasion where I would bother getting involved with a pitch invasion :shrug:

They've probably never felt grass before so had an overriding urge to feel it/walk on some.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I've always hated pitch invasions at any level.

The pitch is for the players. The stands are for supporters. Stops anyone being able to give players a proper send off. Tinpottery. I hope it never happens at the Amex.
So you're saying that if indeed we did manage to turn it around on Monday you'd have expected the fans to stay in the stands and applaud? Ludicrous

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you're saying that if indeed we did manage to turn it around on Monday you'd have expected the fans to stay in the stands and applaud? Ludicrous

I'd seen discussion on here about a pitch invasion should we manage to progress and I was genuinely puzzled.

Boro - yes, completely understandable - they'd just won promotion to the Premier League.

Reaching a play-off final? That's not pitch invasion-able in my mind. Each to their own though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'd seen discussion on here about a pitch invasion should we manage to progress and I was genuinely puzzled.

Boro - yes, completely understandable - they'd just won promotion to the Premier League.

Reaching a play-off final? That's not pitch invasion-able in my mind. Each to their own though.
What about when we beat Swindon on penalties at Withdean, causing a pitch invasion, could have been the same situation here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What about when we beat Swindon on penalties at Withdean, causing a pitch invasion, could have been the same situation here.

Yeah, I know. The reason I didn't pass comment, until now at least, is that I thought it may just be me being out of touch with general sentiment. Or maybe it's because I sit in the WSU!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ah, so it's not just me then. That's good to know...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here