Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone else feeling a bit surreal today?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Having worried and fretted about staying up from the moment we got promoted I am feeling very surreal about it today. No angst watching the scores of the games today, all pressure gone it just a very bizarre feeling to me.

Bloody hell, we ARE going to be in the Premier League next season, no ifs or buts :clap2:

It might hit home soon but I am still struggling to actually believe it. It feels weird.

Almost relief like leaving the school gates on the last day of the year thinking wooohooo but what the **** I am going to do for the next coupla months

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This weekend could not have been better. The game last night, the performance, the result, what it meant. Watching the scores today with a serene feeling of bliss because none of it really matters.

And to top it all, I had this. My daughter announced on Mothers Day that she is pregnant, so in September I'm going to be a GRANDAD. They went for the scan yesterday and wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. So this afternoon, as I set up the BBQ, they arrived with this massive balloon. Me and the missus stood in the middle of the garden with this balloon held up. I burst it, and we were showered with blue and white confetti - its a boy. Alfie.

Tears. And when I bounce Alfie on my knee, and utterly brainwash him, one day this little chap will know that the very weekend I knew who he was (not just "bump"), our Seagulls beat Manchester United to secure our place in the Premier League for another year.

....I need a moment

Congratulations, brilliant !

el punal

26c09f2afbe7edc4ce6cf3326c8b9d16.jpg

Naughty! :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
beaten the mighty man u getting a draw against spurs and beating the mighty arsenal.... the big names gracing the Amex turf and we've matched and beaten them!!! something I have always dreamed of and we've done it

This with bells on
If someone had said to me at half time at Hereford this was going to happen by 2018 i would have laughed my way back to the bogs for another chunder

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What a season!

The Useful Men stay up.

The Honest Men go up.

Whoop, Whoop!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Force of habit checking the tables this morning but then realised I didn't have to
AND it's sunny !!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This weekend could not have been better. The game last night, the performance, the result, what it meant. Watching the scores today with a serene feeling of bliss because none of it really matters.

And to top it all, I had this. My daughter announced on Mothers Day that she is pregnant, so in September I'm going to be a GRANDAD. They went for the scan yesterday and wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. So this afternoon, as I set up the BBQ, they arrived with this massive balloon. Me and the missus stood in the middle of the garden with this balloon held up. I burst it, and we were showered with blue and white confetti - its a boy. Alfie.

Tears. And when I bounce Alfie on my knee, and utterly brainwash him, one day this little chap will know that the very weekend I knew who he was (not just "bump"), our Seagulls beat Manchester United to secure our place in the Premier League for another year.

....I need a moment

I welled up after reading this. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The perils of posting when half pissed, it all feels surreal rather than I feel surreal :rolleyes:

Coming to terms with it better today, and what better time to pull off this result, than the Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

....I need a moment

Awesome! Love the indoctrination part!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Cheers !

The blue and white confetti is still on the lawn. I keep smiling. :)

While nothing on you scale Easy (hearty congrats btw!) - yesterday I went to watch some local footie then a few beers in the beer garden and a curry.
So, so nice to be carefree on a Saturday afternoon instead of worrying about the footie scores elsewhere and then being a little more worried if we'd lost.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Awesome! Love the indoctrination part!

:thumbsup:

While nothing on you scale Easy (hearty congrats btw!) - yesterday I went to watch some local footie then a few beers in the beer garden and a curry.
So, so nice to be carefree on a Saturday afternoon instead of worrying about the footie scores elsewhere and then being a little more worried if we'd lost.

Sounds idyllic.

Today I will mostly be watching the soccerball unfold (on the TV in the garden), before mincing along to see a live band this afty in the sunshine at Pebbles on the Port with a few shandies, before wobbling back to a neighbours BBQ, then coming back to my garden to enjoy a bottle of red and the baseball (Twins @ White Sox). Ahhhhhhhh.

Happy grandad.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
:thumbsup:

Sounds idyllic.

Today I will mostly be watching the soccerball unfold (on the TV in the garden), before mincing along to see a live band this afty in the sunshine at Pebbles on the Port with a few shandies, before wobbling back to a neighbours BBQ, then coming back to my garden to enjoy a bottle of red and the baseball (Twins @ White Sox). Ahhhhhhhh.

Happy grandad.

Enjoy mate.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

....I need a moment

What an amazing Granddad you will be...

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
thinking wooohooo but what the **** I am going to do for the next coupla months

Watch the World Cup I suppose and speculate about what players ‘could do a job’ for us next season, but with the knowledge that many of the players may just want to sign for us now because we remain a PL club !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here